fantasy-freak.com

Madonna

k0ge · 19 · 1618

Offline k0ge

Happy Birthday.  Let us all take a moment to appreciate her eons of seemingly neverending style changes, and the fact that she looks pretty bitchin' for 50. 

I wonder if Britney Spears will last this long. 
The world that's made us can no longer contain us.
-Regina Spektor, The Consequence of Sounds

Offline Ebert Von Snappenhausen

• Örf!
No.
If there is a thread, I'll post in it. If I post in it, it will die. That is the cycle of the Walrus.

When people see me lurkin', they go pomgwtfnoesbbq and guestify. Are you a pretty little guest now too?

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
Yes!

Everybody loves crazy slutty women twice their age and you know it, Ryo.
Gimme the good old days when a pair of
boobs were a couple of dumb guys.

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
Happy Birthday.  Let us all take a moment to appreciate her eons of seemingly neverending style changes, and the fact that she looks pretty bitchin' for 50. 

Madonna is very intelligent, powerful, and world wise. Britney Spears is a backwoods drooling idiot with massive mental issues and drug abuse problems. If she lasts as long, it won't be on her own accord.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 07:33:43 AM by Mandie »

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor

Madonna is very intelligent, powerful, and world wise. Britney Spears is a backwoods drooling idiot with massive mental issues and drug abuse problems. If she lasts as long, it won't be on her own accord.

For once i agree 100% with Mandy...
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

• Örf!
Ditto.

Has it started raining goats yet?
If there is a thread, I'll post in it. If I post in it, it will die. That is the cycle of the Walrus.

When people see me lurkin', they go pomgwtfnoesbbq and guestify. Are you a pretty little guest now too?

Offline Mattias

*looks out the window*
Well, cats and dogs at least... haven't seen any goats so far

Offline Star

You know, Madonna didn't come from a cookie-cutter background either. And during the 80s some of her stunts were just as scandalous as Britney's are. Granted, Madonna never put children in danger or was sent to rehab or for psychological evaluation. But she did challenge the way the world looked at sex, women, and music. This challenge was met with a hell of a lot of resistance and many of her albums & books were burned in protest.

The big difference is that Madonna has finally grown up and matured. Some of her ideas are still crazy and not something the normal person would think of, but it works for her. Brittany...she's still got a lot of maturing to do and maybe one day she will. Brittany's just a very sad, pathetic case. Some people can handle whatever adversity is thrown at them and others cant...

Oh, and Happy B'day Madonna
I hope last night doesn't wake up this morning and tell tomorrow what I've done

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor
Erm, what has Britney done to challenge the ways of today?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Offline Mattias

The "Hit med baby"-video ;)

Offline k0ge

One. More. Time.  Mattias. ;)

Offline mahiro

how about challenge the convention that women should wear panties when wearing a short skirt?   :-X
I can run faster scared than you can angry.

Offline Star

When did I imply that? I think you need to reread my post. Or perhaps I didn't state my idea thoroughly -- basically I don't see the comparison between the two other than they both just happen to be female musicians. *shrug*
I hope last night doesn't wake up this morning and tell tomorrow what I've done

• Örf!
That sounds like a question from him, since both are brought up in the same thread.

And that's where the problem.

Now, calling Britney a musician is just hilarious. ;)

Offline k0ge

Hunchie can't read! WHOA.  Illiteracy running rampant throughout the interblargh.  What next? Zipper ties?

I THINK YES

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
Gimme the good old days when a pair of
boobs were a couple of dumb guys.

• Örf!
Newsletters are high-tech.
Use bananamail instead!

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
How about no?
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke
God to Earth: “Cry more, noobs!”
- Marc Laidlaw

• Örf!
Silence, you silly peasant! :P