Author Topic: New Matthew Good album  (Read 337 times)

Offline Lannie

• http://www.lannie.net
New Matthew Good album
« on: July 07, 2007, 09:37:45 PM »
Yup, Matt's going to get a new album out, called "Hospital Music". It's being streamed at his website right now, and is up for release at the end of July. I got my hands on it already, but I'm definitely going to buy it once it's released - it's going to be a few days after my birthday :D

So... the album. It's an odd one, more personal than the rest of his stuff. Matt wrote most of it while hospitalized after he'd 'accidentally' taken an overdose of his medications last year. He's not a happy camper and it shows on the album; the album's a lot slower than what we're used to - painful and bitter at places, but beautiful at others. I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's an acquired taste, but if you're in a pensive mood it has some beautiful stuff on there.
My favourites of the album are "Champions of Nothing", "A Single Explosion", "Black Helicopter" and the song I hate fiercely and can't stop listening to, "99% of us is failure".

Have any of you canadians out there heard it already?
"the Internet is a place where absolutely nothing happens, and you need to take advantage of that"
-- Strongbad

Offline The new Olli (with hair)

New Matthew Good album
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 07:51:50 AM »
Haven't heard any of it. I will save 15 bucks and assume he still wants to kill himself and that he still makes the same song over and over.
Hunchback: Repent

I repent every day Hunchie. And every day god makes me newer, faster, smarter, sexier, and ready to sin again.

Offline Lannie

• http://www.lannie.net
New Matthew Good album
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 05:21:32 PM »
Pretty much. But without the same song over and over ;)
"the Internet is a place where absolutely nothing happens, and you need to take advantage of that"
-- Strongbad