Author Topic: Playstation 3  (Read 3968 times)

Offline rille

Playstation 3
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2007, 05:04:16 PM »
Quote from: Nuada
They're starting to show up in the classifieds here now for €450 odd with 2-3 games and 2 controllers.  That's a hell of a drop for 1 month on sale...
Nice ;)
Sounds like I might get a PS3 after or under summer... asumming I can stay away from getting a quad core cpu :/
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Olli

Playstation 3
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2007, 10:24:36 PM »
Quote from: [rille
]
They're starting to show up in the classifieds here now for €450 odd with 2-3 games and 2 controllers.  That's a hell of a drop for 1 month on sale...
Nice ;)
Sounds like I might get a PS3 after or under summer... asumming I can stay away from getting a quad core cpu :/
Yes, because quad core cpu's are REALLY useful these days!
who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep

Offline Nuada

Playstation 3
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2007, 11:09:21 PM »
Ooooh 12" CPUs!
Lord Captain Commander of the Holy Order of Penii Warriors and Hand that Weilds the Sacred Penii.

Sober men and sages
Are Lost through the ages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Proud "Member" of DA 4SKIN BOYZ!

Offline rille

Playstation 3
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2007, 03:06:44 PM »
New models should be out durring the summer/end of summer.
And yeah, they are really useful. :-P

It's such a nice thing to have anyhow. ;)
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline MoP

Playstation 3
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2007, 11:04:38 PM »
The PS3 is really a nice machine...I'm loving it way more than the Wii. Its a real shame Sony fucked up on so many aspects of it...
Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow
What you need is someone strong to use you...
...like me

Opiate - Tool

Offline mahiro

Playstation 3
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2007, 06:11:46 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19674547/

Playstation 3 price just went down $100.
I can run faster scared than you can angry.

Offline rille

Playstation 3
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2007, 10:44:15 AM »
But only in the US...
still around $965 here.

I guess we pay for your pricedrop... ;)

Offline Nuada

Playstation 3
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2007, 04:32:58 PM »
What's the point of the 80gb model though? You can get a 160gb drive for a lot less and fit it yourself. At least then you'd still have reliable backward compatibility...
Lord Captain Commander of the Holy Order of Penii Warriors and Hand that Weilds the Sacred Penii.

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Olli

Playstation 3
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2007, 05:32:22 PM »
What's the point of the 80gb model though? You can get a 160gb drive for a lot less and fit it yourself. At least then you'd still have reliable backward compatibility...
Maybe for n00bs who don't dare to fit it themselves?
who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep

Offline Uche Obiora

Playstation 3
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2007, 07:51:17 PM »
I read somewhere that the 80GB model is easier to hack. Should try and look it up again. Anyway, I am really trying not to run out and buy one right now.
There's a lot to be said for wilful ignorance.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Offline Olli

Playstation 3
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2007, 08:39:40 PM »
:) just keep in mind that there are hardly any games worth getting it for atm

Offline rille

Playstation 3
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »
Sounds kinda strange that it would be easier to hack...
did they change the rest of the hardware in someway? O_o

Easier to store big stuff ;) but you could just get a bigger disc and plug it in yourself...

Offline Nuada

Playstation 3
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2007, 09:20:46 PM »
Quote from: Olli
:) just keep in mind that there are hardly any games worth getting it for atm
True, true. VF5 and MGS4 ae the only things I'm interested in and VF5 will be out and online for the 360 soon anyhoo and it's suppose to drop in price now too....

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Nuada

Playstation 3
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »
Good Christ, they've done it again....  It beggers belief!  Who the fuck in sony makes these decisions?  As of Wednesday they'll introduse a 40gb model and phase out the 60gb.  That's a 40gb model minus the card reader, 2 USB ports and NO FUCKING BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY AT ALL!!!!  Fuck me! How dumb are these fuckers?  

Quote from: Sony Exec
"What's that?  You want to buy a house but can't afford it?  That's ok, we got one here with no floor and only 2 walls. just perfect for someone in your position!"
Fine with the USB ports and card reader, if we need more we can just plug in a hub or external reader but no BC??? Fucking retarded! Like I don't have enough crap clogging up my living room and plug boards already.  If history is anything to go by, they'll wait til a few more people cave and buy this and then introduce a 120gb model with hardware BC, 2 dualshock controllers and a couple of games just to piss them off.

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Rick

• Omg hi 2 U.
Playstation 3
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2007, 02:30:31 PM »
Anyone who pays 599 US DOLLARS is already sucking up to them anyway.
Who cares, if you buy Sony you're a fucking idiot.
The simplest thing is to work with n-dimensional Minkowski spacetime.

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
Playstation 3
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2007, 03:13:28 PM »
Heard about the new model but didn't realise they're removing the old models so you can't get backwards compat at all in a new machine anymore.

Fucking failure of a console.  Can't even justify the price by being able to use it decently as a standard Linux comp since it insists on running it on a hypervisor so you get no 3D acceleration.
Gimme the good old days when a pair of
boobs were a couple of dumb guys.

Offline rille

Playstation 3
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2007, 03:22:22 PM »
. . . but it will have Sony home! . . . sameday . . . in the future! . . . think foward!
You can pay real money in form of virtual credits in order to get virtual forniture and other important stuff!

Actually, will still pick up a PS3 someday but the current amount of games seems to be fewer to it than for the Wii. (which says a lot) By now the PCs are starting to get so good so the PS3 isn't much to hang in the tree soon. ;) (though cell is still great for some parts of scientifical computing) . . .

Offline Nuada

Playstation 3
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2007, 05:45:21 PM »
And that's what we're really looking for in a games console :)

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline rille

Playstation 3
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2007, 06:01:45 PM »
Entertainment System :D

Offline Uche Obiora

Playstation 3
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2007, 12:18:51 AM »
In all fairness, the PS3 makes a very good streaming machine when married to TVersity. Seems that's mainly what I use mine for nowadays... that and upscaling DVDs to 1080p glory. Very good DVD player that.
There's a lot to be said for wilful ignorance.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Offline rille

Playstation 3
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2007, 12:38:47 AM »
The latest news is that the budget 40Gb version in Europe can't play PS/PS2 games because Sony wants to sell PS3 games. ;)

Offline Soma

Playstation 3
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2007, 03:35:35 AM »
I assume the team behind this console have been beaten to death with this ridiculous one thousand dollar brick
Pimps don't commit suicide!