Author Topic: Mass Effect  (Read 803 times)

Offline Uche Obiora

Mass Effect
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 05:08:43 am »
You all are on the PC then? I'm playing it on the 360 and it just pissed me off enough to just quit. Keep forgetting to save and well, it's a pain when you die.
There's a lot to be said for wilful ignorance.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Offline Deus

Mass Effect
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 01:05:33 pm »
Well, I played the 360 version as well and I must admit the PC version is slightly better because of some of the improvements (although the Mako still drives like ass) and because of the mouse. It was perfectly playable on the 360 if you remembered to save though...
Hong's 1st law:  "It's only the other people who are munchkins"
Hong's 2nd law: "Thinking too hard about fantasy is bad"
Hong's 3rd law: "Any sufficiently widespread magic is indistinguishable from technology"

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor
Mass Effect
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 07:52:18 pm »
It has auto-save on PC, but on the contrary i don't get to save myself, it tells me i can't save etc... dunno.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Offline Kat

Mass Effect
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 08:08:53 pm »
Oh, you must have gotten Mass Effect via "alternative channels".  Download a newer version of the crack; it fixes the saving bug.
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Croi Boi

Mass Effect
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 08:40:06 pm »
One thing I learned from playing years of RPGs is that you have to save all the time.  Yes, it takes 10 seconds, yes, it's a hassle, but it's better than replaying 30 minutes of tough content because you were too lazy to pause.  =P  I still get caught without saving occasionally, but it only makes me more resolved to save every time I think of it.  I've only played 15-20 hours of Mass Effect and I've manually saved over a hundred times already.
there is another world
there is a better world
well, there must be.

Offline Kat

Mass Effect
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 03:44:23 am »
First time I play through a game, I save like I get xp for doing so.  On the second run I usually quarter my number of save games.

It's an uncertainty thing for me, I guess.
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Uche Obiora

Mass Effect
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 07:38:43 am »
I'd gotten used to autosaves so much that it does not occur to me to save, a mistake that just hurts you in Mass Effect. I wish they executed a more robust autosave feature in the game. Like, after every battle.
There's a lot to be said for wilful ignorance.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Offline Croi Boi

Mass Effect
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2008, 07:43:29 pm »
Quote from: Ashe
I wish they executed a more robust autosave feature in the game. Like, every 30 seconds.
there is another world
there is a better world
well, there must be.

Offline The new Olli (with hair)

Mass Effect
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 07:44:16 pm »
Auto save is for noobs and children
Hunchback: Repent

I repent every day Hunchie. And every day god makes me newer, faster, smarter, sexier, and ready to sin again.

Offline Croi Boi

Mass Effect
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2008, 08:12:09 pm »
And Ashe.
there is another world
there is a better world
well, there must be.

Offline Rick

• Omg hi 2 U.
Mass Effect
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2008, 08:13:17 pm »
Quote from: Croi Makin
Quote from: Ashe
I wish they executed a more robust autosave feature in the game. Like, everytime death is inevitable by going over a ledge or a microsecond away from a killing blow.
And of course with only a single autosave slot.
The simplest thing is to work with n-dimensional Minkowski spacetime.

Offline The new Olli (with hair)

Mass Effect
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 08:13:21 pm »
you are so right Croi. You are just so right
Hunchback: Repent

I repent every day Hunchie. And every day god makes me newer, faster, smarter, sexier, and ready to sin again.