Author Topic: Australia <3 rape!  (Read 480 times)

Offline Nuada

Australia <3 rape!
« on: December 10, 2007, 04:55:35 PM »
It's been a great couple of weeks for rapists the world over. I'm tempted to go for a bit of the ould non-consensual inout myself.  I might even pick up a reward...

Quote from: BBC
Rape case ruling shocks Australia
An Australian soldier at the entrance to an Aboriginal community in the Northern Territory - file photo
Sexual abuse has been a noted problem in indigenous communities
A judge's decision not to jail nine men guilty of raping a 10-year-old girl in an Aboriginal community has triggered outrage in Australia.

The offenders were either placed on probation or given suspended sentences for the 2005 rape in the Aurukun settlement, in northern Queensland.

In her ruling, Judge Sarah Bradley told them that the victim "probably agreed to have sex with all of you".

A review of sexual abuse sentences in Aboriginal Queensland has been ordered.

Sentencing seven of the accused in Cairns in October, Judge Bradley told them that the girl involved was not forced into sex, according to a report in The Australian newspaper.

She placed six of the offenders, who were minors at the time of the rape, on probation for 12 months, local media said.

The three other defendants were handed suspended six-month prison sentences.

Judge Bradley later defended her sentencing, telling The Australian that the sentences were "appropriate" because they were the penalties sought by the prosecution.

'No excuse'

But Australia's newly-elected Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has now spoken out against the ruling, saying he was "appalled" by the verdict.

"I am horrified by cases like this, involving sexual violence against women and children. My attitude is one of zero tolerance," he told reporters in Queensland, his home state.

I am not prepared to just write this off as an unusual one-off case
Anna Bligh
Queensland Premier
Boni Robertson, an Aboriginal activist in Queensland, said there could be no excuse for the judge's decision.

"There is nothing culturally, there is nothing morally, there is nothing socially and there is definitely nothing legally that would ever allow this sort of decision to be made," she said.

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh has now announced a review of all sentences given over the last two years in the communities in the Cape York region where the case occurred.

"I am not prepared to just write this off as an unusual one-off case," she said.

"I want to satisfy myself that the people of Cape York, and the people who live in remote indigenous communities, are receiving the same level of justice as we can expect in any other community in Queensland."

The offenders came from some of the most powerful and prominent Aboriginal families in Cape York, while the victim's family had a lower status, The Australian reported.

The case comes six months after a high-profile inquiry into child sex abuse in remote northern Australia said it found problems in every Aborigine community visited by researchers.

That inquiry led to an intervention programme in the Northern Territory.
clicky
Lord Captain Commander of the Holy Order of Penii Warriors and Hand that Weilds the Sacred Penii.

Sober men and sages
Are Lost through the ages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Proud "Member" of DA 4SKIN BOYZ!

Offline Mordeth

Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:07:43 PM »
everyone <3's rape
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 11:58:55 PM »
It's Queensland, and worse, Northern Queensland. Who the hell knows what those weirdos think up there.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke
God to Earth: “Cry more, noobs!”
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline Nuada

Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 01:44:10 AM »
Dude your 'up there' is still WAY below the rest of us...
Lord Captain Commander of the Holy Order of Penii Warriors and Hand that Weilds the Sacred Penii.

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Mordeth

Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 01:46:47 AM »
australians are tiny
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline Nuada

Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 01:56:50 AM »
and have crooked penii.

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 02:01:17 AM »
Quote from: Nuada
Dude your 'up there' is still WAY below the rest of us...
It's in the tropics, alco. Weird shit!
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline Iridescence

Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 04:45:32 AM »
I have no idea what that judge was thinking when she said those things.  I have no idea what the fucking bleeding hearts are thinking when they say that aboriginal children in danger shouldn't be taken out of the situation and placed with foster care because it'll be another "stolen generation"  Even aboriginal leaders in these communities think it's a good idea to place kids in danger in foster care to protect them.  This little girl was first raped when she was 7 for crying out loud.  And the Judge said it was "childish expermientation"  One of the rapists was 26.  Why is this allowed to happen?  No idea.  It's very wrong.
Hermaphrodite Jesus, he hides in the carport.  The neighbour car headlights shine on him, he's scared.
He stoops and he cowers, they call a policeman, they came and they siezed him, and laughed at his hair.
And Jesus hates policemen, for their hearts can know no love.
That's why every time he sees the man, he says "Hey let's beat it, it's the fuzz"

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 06:05:28 AM »
The problem (with making comments on all this, apart from the sheer fact of the rape) is that most of us have little idea what's happening in those communities, and the circumstances people are in. There's conflicting reports on pretty much everything that goes on, anyway... :/
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline Thin

Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 12:45:34 PM »
The prosecutor pushed for a light sentence. This confuses me a little.

Offline Nuada

Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:56:45 PM »
His trial's prolly up next week and he didn't want to set a precedence of punishing rapists. It's just be bad for the whole country :(

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
Australia <3 rape!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 11:50:47 PM »
Quote from: Thin Spirits
The prosecutor pushed for a light sentence. This confuses me a little.
On a similar note, did you like FF's friendly MLC Dennis Hood banging off about one of the local magistrates? Just forget that his statement, while correct, was irrelevant and removed all context...
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw