Author Topic: Lips are unhappy  (Read 151 times)

Offline Aimless

• View Profile
Lips are unhappy
« on: December 15, 2007, 07:04:44 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOdEjlvFem0

Since hearing that song in a commercial, I haven't been able to get it out of my head... and now that I've found the whole tune, it's gonna be even more difficult. I decided to check out the rest of their stuff, and it's all pretty cool!

I guess I really am indie deep down inside :'(
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Offline Aimless

• View Profile
Lips are unhappy
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 05:59:51 pm »
Quick update: I think this album--The Great Unwanted--is among the loveliest things I've discovered this year. I'm esp. loving the '60s feel to the sound. It's like someone took a handful of real gems from the '60s and cleaned them up and made them more modern, more sophisticated, gave them a common and consistent sound without making them boring... I can't really think of any track I'd want to remove from the album, as they all contribute something unique to it.

The best thing about this album is that it makes me feel like I'm in a totally sweet movie :D great soundtrack-music, in other words.

Another great thing about this album is that because of it, through Pandora, I have also discovered The Detroit Cobras, and The Pipettes, two other pretty sweet bands. But not as sweet as Lucky Soul, though!

Anyway, I think quite a few of you may enjoy this album, so if you get a chance, do check it out :)
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am