Author Topic: Scariest thing I have seen so far this year.  (Read 3389 times)

Offline AshtrayMonument

Scariest thing I have seen so far this year.
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 05:26:47 AM »
Yeah, I'm willing to bet this guy is a troll.
People always tell me that they're crazy. Crazy people aren't so fucking boring.

Offline nunya

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »
yeah what's his IP say, is this Mith  just fucking with us? Where is he/she from?
I am not smart enough to do everything
But i'm dumb enough to try anything.

Offline dkan

• http://hucksarmy.com/
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 09:22:50 AM »
Goddam you guys are paranoid

Offline Nasojiti

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 11:56:53 AM »
Blame the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001, I do.
It is believed Stalin is directly responsible for personally shooting, cooking and consuming as many as 230 million Soviet people.

Offline Nadir

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2008, 12:09:59 PM »
Quote from: dkan
Quote from: Mordeth
he doesn't accept evolution.
So the fuck what?

How does a politician's private beliefs become themajor issue? I lookat what people do, not what they say. What are they going to do about the economy, foreign policy, institutions etc.... I don't care what he beileves if it has no impact on policy
In the clip he just said he wanted to change the constitution so that it reflected the word of god. How is that not his beliefs impacting on policy?

You will probably find that most people on FF like secularized societies where religion has absolutely nothing to do with the state.
If evolution exists at all, it likely explains why there are big, small, round, long, green, red and green tomatoes. It in no way explains why there are tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and peppers. The explanation is salad"

www.fstdt.com - need i say more? ;)

Offline nunya

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 02:17:39 AM »
I would like to say I/we are endowed with a healthy level of scepticism.

Huckabee as a fundamentalist/creationist/young Earth believer  is dogmatic and morally conservative. He cannot accept much of science as it contradicts his beliefs. His foreign policy will be based on religious prejudices and  probably believes he is there to help facilitate the-end-of-days.

sif I want some clown who takes his orders from a mythical being in charge of the most powerful nation on Earth.

Offline dkan

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:44 AM »
Quote from: derty
I would like to say I/we are endowed with a healthy level of scepticism.

Huckabee as a fundamentalist/creationist/young Earth believer  is dogmatic and morally conservative. He cannot accept much of science as it contradicts his beliefs. His foreign policy will be based on religious prejudices and  probably believes he is there to help facilitate the-end-of-days.

sif I want some clown who takes his orders from a mythical being in charge of the most powerful nation on Earth.
You should pay more attention. He was asked about his beliefs in the age of the Earth recently in a debate and he answered by saying that he doesn't know if the Earth was created in ten million years or ten billion or ten trillion years ago. He said the more important thing is that however long it took God created it, and that because we are His children we are all created equal and have human dignity. That's why he fought racism and anti-semitism and protected the children of illegal immigrants even though the popular 'conservative' thing would have been to pander to hatred.

What would you prefer him to say? That we are all just animals competing for resources so there is no such thing as equality or human rights?

I suspect you're one of those liberals who would prefer a fascist like Hitler because at least he was atheist, it doesn't matter what anyone's intentions are as long as they're not traditional Christians.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 01:38:12 AM »
So you think Atheists don't believe in equality or human rights?

Maybe you should look up Peter Singer...
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke
God to Earth: “Cry more, noobs!”
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline Mordeth

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2008, 01:49:53 AM »
hahahahahahaha

ah conservatives, you people are crazy.
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline nunya

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2008, 02:21:03 AM »
ahh yes, the old your an athiest and so was Hitler (apparently) so you must support him gumph. I'm sure you can Google a better retort than that.

Most of the western leaders are Christian and that doesn't bother me as long as they keep their leadership secular. Some of my good friends are quite religious. What worries me is someone thinking they have a mandate and literally a God given right to govern in His name.

Offline Nasojiti

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2008, 03:00:01 AM »
Godwin's Law.
It is believed Stalin is directly responsible for personally shooting, cooking and consuming as many as 230 million Soviet people.

Offline nunya

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 03:46:31 AM »
nice work - he should be swimming with the crocodiles now.

Offline Kat

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 05:37:59 AM »
Huckabee is a bona fide compassionate conservative- I've heard him express humanitarian positions on immigration, foreign policy and healthcare.  As far as the religious right goes, we could do a lot worse than him.

Not that I think he's an ideal candidate, I'm personally of the opinion that religion and politics should not be mixed.
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 05:52:09 AM »
Which one was the one that said we should quarantine those with AIDS?
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline Kat

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 06:50:14 AM »
That was Huckabee, but he said it in 1992.  I'm willing to believe he may have changed his mind in the last 16 years.
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 06:56:18 AM »
Quote from: Kat
That was Huckabee, but he said it in 1992.  I'm willing to believe he may have changed his mind in the last 16 years.
Someone that stupid in 1992 is probably not going to be any smarter in 2008.
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline Devlyn, the special edition

• http://www.shiningsource.net
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 08:58:11 AM »
Well, at least the iron robot Romney is out of the way now :P.

As for Huckabee, I read a bit about him on Wikipedia. Some of his viewpoints are decent, most are awkward, some are truly bad. But like Georgy Bush, I guess he too will spend the money before he gets it, leaving the bill of his reign for America's children and grandchildren.
First and Proudest Member of the Unmelodramatic Music Fundamentalists Association!
blehg, a blog!

Offline Kat

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 01:55:10 PM »
Quote from: Julius
Someone that stupid in 1992 is probably not going to be any smarter in 2008.
I've never liked the way campaign strategists pour over every word a candidate has ever said in hopes of finding something embarrassing.  I don't care if a candidate praised Mao Tse Tung in their college poly sci class or whatever.  It's sleazy politics and it detracts from the issues of the here and now.

There's plenty of reasons not to vote for Huckabee that don't involve some goofy quote he made forever ago.

Offline Aginor

• a monkey from a long line of kings
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »
So the basic reason you dislike him is that he's an honest Christian?

Thankfully most Americans are not like you
Uhmm yes they are... That's why the retard is polling in the low 0's.

And I can assure you this is not Mith. Even he is not creative enough to pull a level like this.

Offline dkan

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 05:59:51 PM »
Huckabee is a bona fide compassionate conservative- I've heard him express humanitarian positions on immigration, foreign policy and healthcare.  As far as the religious right goes, we could do a lot worse than him.

Not that I think he's an ideal candidate, I'm personally of the opinion that religion and politics should not be mixed.
Exactly, thank you for your honesty. I personally think all the religious fundamentalist stuff is for show and the game, he believes in God but he wouldn't try to impose anything in office. Look at him in office as Governor, 10 1/2 years, he ran a pretty moderate administration and Arkansans of all political stripes respect him.

Quote from: Aginor
So the basic reason you dislike him is that he's an honest Christian?

Thankfully most Americans are not like you
Uhmm yes they are... That's why the retard is polling in the low 0's.
Actually it's more like the 25% range. He should have got more delegates than Romney on Tuesday except the states he won happen to be more Proportional Represenatation than Romney's.

Look, like I said he's not ideal but you're never going to find a candidate for a US Presidential who is ideal, especially not in the primary season. He is the lesser of evils in the Republican field. Romney, Thompson, Giuliani were all clearly worse

Offline Aginor

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 06:03:12 PM »
So 25% to you is the majority of Americans? Wow, you must be one of those people that thought 50.2% clearly meant a strong mandate.

Offline dkan

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 06:05:38 PM »
Quote from: Aginor
So 25% to you is the majority of Americans? Wow, you must be one of those people that though 50.2% clearly meant a strong mandate.
25% in the polls doesn't mean the majority don't like him or agree with him on issues, it means that 75% don't think he can win or don't know about him and his record.

The Republican establishment hates him and did all it could to sabotage him after Iowa. Look how well he's done per dollar spent, he has the worst funded campaign, less cash than even Ron Paul and yet look how he did. He could have won South Carolina with 2% more, the weather massively benefited McCain supporter turnout. If he had won there I think he could have won the nomination.

Offline Aginor

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »
Yeah it does. Unless you've been living under a rock, you pretty much know where a candidate stands on the issues. And the social conservtive bunch don't really care whether a person can win or not, they generally support a candidate that thinks like them. So he's got all of their support and noone elses. :)

Offline dkan

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2008, 06:12:19 PM »
It's funny I bet a lot of you guys support Obama. The guy who is supposed to stand for change, yet he's raised $30 million since the beginning of the year. He's got the whole establishment behind him, Wall Street, Brzezinski, all kinds of military guys and the DLC. You're going to be in for a big surprise when he has to govern.

He's not the worst candidate possible but please try to look at the facts. Look at what people have done and who is bankrolling them rather than what they say during campaign rallies.

Offline Aginor

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2008, 06:20:17 PM »
And more than half of those donations came from people that gave less than 200 dollars. Somehow I don't see many wall street types only donating 200 dollars or less. And nice touch mentioning the DLC. Funny they'd support a candidate who publicly has said the he isn't nor ever was a member.