Author Topic: Scariest thing I have seen so far this year.  (Read 3749 times)

Offline Devlyn, the special edition

• http://www.shiningsource.net
Scariest thing I have seen so far this year.
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2008, 08:37:49 AM »
...and the child YOU own!
First and Proudest Member of the Unmelodramatic Music Fundamentalists Association!
blehg, a blog!

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2008, 09:08:00 AM »
Yes, because the foetus is fully able to support itself outside the mother's body.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke
God to Earth: “Cry more, noobs!”
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline AshtrayMonument

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »
A newborn baby isn't exactly able to support itself outside the mother's body either.
People always tell me that they're crazy. Crazy people aren't so fucking boring.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2008, 12:52:32 PM »
It'd last longer than a foetus. Like, more than 10 minutes.

Or whatever.
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline dkan

• http://hucksarmy.com/
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2008, 01:19:07 PM »
So if being able to take care of yourself is what gives you rights...  do handicapped people belong to their parents, or to the government or what?

Should I be allowed to kill my senile grandparents if they're inconveniencing me?

Offline The new Olli (with hair)

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2008, 02:15:56 PM »
This entire thread is a rehash of every retarded internet debate that has ever been recorded since 1993. Congratulations for making my ears bleed.

dkan: Do a google search for my answer to your ridiculous, loaded, red herring question. I can't be bothered to rebut every new Republican that stumbled onto the How To: Internet Debate manual.

Continue.
Hunchback: Repent

I repent every day Hunchie. And every day god makes me newer, faster, smarter, sexier, and ready to sin again.

Offline Rick

• Omg hi 2 U.
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »
Quote from: dkan
Should I be allowed to kill my senile grandparents if they're inconveniencing me?
ALLOWED?
It's your duty.
The simplest thing is to work with n-dimensional Minkowski spacetime.

Offline dkan

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2008, 03:04:24 PM »
Hey I'm not the one bringing out the retarded liberal talking points one after the other. I just provide the obvious common sense responses

I didn't actually think this was going to become a debate. I am simply surprised that Huckabee is such a bogeyman to some of you considering all the other horrible candidates there are out there.

Offline Aginor

• a monkey from a long line of kings
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2008, 04:17:54 PM »
Simply surprised! Obviously. Common Sense Good! Bogeyman Boo! Horrible candidates Grrrrrr!

Boy you are one hell of an idiot. Well played.

Offline dkan

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2008, 04:35:18 PM »
Thanks, you're my inspiration

Offline Devlyn, the special edition

• http://www.shiningsource.net
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2008, 09:26:30 PM »
The most horrible candidate has been elected 7 years ago. Things can only get better!

And dkan, don't be scared by them cynical liberals. Their flamy pasts have left them branded, but deep inside the charcoal you may find they're actually cool peeps!
First and Proudest Member of the Unmelodramatic Music Fundamentalists Association!
blehg, a blog!

Offline Lannie

• http://www.lannie.net
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2008, 09:48:18 PM »
So if being able to take care of yourself is what gives you rights...  do handicapped people belong to their parents, or to the government or what?

That was never the issue. If you had a few working braincells, you know that it was just an addition to Amanda's statement about how it's the mother's body. And that she should decide what happens to her body... as every woman should. Until the child's born, it's an organism that parasites on the mother's body, and thus it's up to the mother; she has more right to make decisions than anyone else in the world.

Question though; your comment on being allowed to 'kill senile grandparents if they're inconveniencing you' sounds so bitter that I wonder if you're against euthanasia (sp?), too. Do you feel that's murder, too?
"the Internet is a place where absolutely nothing happens, and you need to take advantage of that"
-- Strongbad

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2008, 12:13:56 AM »
Hey I'm not the one bringing out the retarded liberal talking points one after the other. I just provide the obvious common sense responses

I didn't actually think this was going to become a debate. I am simply surprised that Huckabee is such a bogeyman to some of you considering all the other horrible candidates there are out there.
lol. So what you're saying is that your point of view is always right and common sense, but any opposing one is "retarded"?
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline pBluescript

« Reply #88 on: February 12, 2008, 02:53:58 AM »
This place is so fucking predictable.
Old Myrrdrall never die, they just slowly Fade away

Offline dkan

« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2008, 03:27:55 AM »
Quote from: Lannie

That was never the issue. If you had a few working braincells, you know that it was just an addition to Amanda's statement about how it's the mother's body. And that she should decide what happens to her body... as every woman should. Until the child's born, it's an organism that parasites on the mother's body, and thus it's up to the mother; she has more right to make decisions than anyone else in the world.

Question though; your comment on being allowed to 'kill senile grandparents if they're inconveniencing you' sounds so bitter that I wonder if you're against euthanasia (sp?), too. Do you feel that's murder, too?
Yes of course. It follows from the same logic and principle.

Offline dkan

« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2008, 03:31:27 AM »
I'm against anyone ever being killed, unless it's the only way to save another life or if some great crime has been committed. Suicide is different but I don't think there are ever true, 'rational' suicides - or they're very rare, there will always be social, psychological pressures on people even if they don't realize it.

I'm sorry if you think my motivation is evil.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #91 on: February 12, 2008, 03:50:08 AM »
Evil's a pretty black and white concept...
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline dkan

« Reply #92 on: February 12, 2008, 03:55:49 AM »
Well often pro-abortion people say pro-life folks are misogynistic or want to control people, which I think are evil motivations. I only speak for myself but that's not the reason for my views. Same way as I can see why people would be for legalizing abortion because criminalization sometimes make things worse.

..though comments about the unborn being 'parasites' strike me as being more bitter than anything I've said.

Offline dkan

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2008, 04:05:35 AM »
By the way if the number of abortions could be kept to a minimum while women still had the legal option, by taking away the reasons why many abortions (poverty, no father, stigma etc) happen I would be happy with that. The law isn't what matters, it's the consequences that matter. I think too many people on both sides get too caught up with the legal question which becomes obsessive and lose sight of the big picture.

Offline Rick

• Omg hi 2 U.
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2008, 04:13:11 AM »
I want to abort, because it makes my belly fat!
The simplest thing is to work with n-dimensional Minkowski spacetime.

Offline nunya

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2008, 04:16:56 AM »
What are the unborn if they are not parasites? You can hardly call the relationship symbiotic.
I am not smart enough to do everything
But i'm dumb enough to try anything.

Offline Kat

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2008, 06:10:08 AM »
You can't call a fetus a parasite because by their very definition, parasites provide no benefits to their hosts.  Babies are the means by which people pass their genes on to later generations, which, from an evolutionary perspective, is the very purpose of life.  It definitely outweighs 9 months of inconvenience and discomfort in any case.

And that's not even taking into consideration the joy and psychological fulfillment many people experience in the raising of their children.   I don't hear too many folk bemoaning the mood swings and achy backs once they hold their newborn in their arms.   :)
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline AshtrayMonument

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2008, 06:59:01 AM »
Overpopulation is more of an issue to me than abortion. I think it's every woman's moral duty to fall down a staircase or two while pregnant.
People always tell me that they're crazy. Crazy people aren't so fucking boring.

Offline nunya

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2008, 07:04:29 AM »
Quote from: Kat
Babies are the means by which people pass their genes on to later generations, which, from an evolutionary perspective, is the very purpose of life.
So what you are saying is that the meaning of life is actually sex and not 42??
I am not smart enough to do everything
But i'm dumb enough to try anything.

Offline Kat

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2008, 07:09:27 AM »
I'm saying that it doesn't make sense to call babies parasites, because they aren't.  :)
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com