Author Topic: Age of Conan...  (Read 1246 times)

Offline The new Olli (with hair)

Age of Conan...
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2008, 04:28:29 pm »
But how much does it cost....
Hunchback: Repent

I repent every day Hunchie. And every day god makes me newer, faster, smarter, sexier, and ready to sin again.

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2008, 04:31:23 pm »
Sixty bucks a day.

I'll even pay for your first cruiser...
It is believed Stalin is directly responsible for personally shooting, cooking and consuming as many as 230 million Soviet people.

Age of Conan...
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2008, 04:35:21 pm »
I want to hide in asteroid fields and destroy innocent unarmed civilians.

Can I do that?

I repent every day Hunchie. And every day god makes me newer, faster, smarter, sexier, and ready to sin again.

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2008, 04:38:06 pm »
Well, you can jettison slaves or strippers into space, and you can hide in asteroid fields. Or, you can destroy poorly armed other players and ruin their day.
It is believed Stalin is directly responsible for personally shooting, cooking and consuming as many as 230 million Soviet people.

Age of Conan...
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2008, 04:42:50 pm »
Hmm. This game appears to be tailor made for my particular flavour of douchebaggery.

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2008, 05:22:28 pm »
It's full of cunts, noobs and mediocre playas!

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
Age of Conan...
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2008, 05:25:19 pm »
You can be a first class douchebag in EVE with enough skills.

Killing noobs in low-sec.  Killing everybody in zero-sec.  Even buying cheap insurable ships in high-sec and ganking miners before the NPC police ships can blast you to pieces.
You collect the full insurance on your shitbox and they're in high-tech miners that only insure for a fraction of the cost.
Gimme the good old days when a pair of
boobs were a couple of dumb guys.

Offline Nadir

Age of Conan...
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2008, 05:34:31 pm »
Quote from: Auryn
You can be a first class douchebag in EVE with enough skills.

Killing noobs in low-sec.  Killing everybody in zero-sec.  Even buying cheap insurable ships in high-sec and ganking miners before the NPC police ships can blast you to pieces.
You collect the full insurance on your shitbox and they're in high-tech miners that only insure for a fraction of the cost.
Heh, thats actually pretty evil. I never did much mining when i played but i can imagine how extremely irritated those people must get.
If evolution exists at all, it likely explains why there are big, small, round, long, green, red and green tomatoes. It in no way explains why there are tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and peppers. The explanation is salad"

www.fstdt.com - need i say more? ;)

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2008, 05:42:04 pm »
People get extremely irritated if you kill them in low sec and their ship is insured for more ISK than they lost. Lots of people that play EVE are fucking OCD cunts that have nothing better to do than gank noobs, wait, I mean mine trit in high sec and sell it.

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor
Age of Conan...
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2008, 06:26:50 pm »
For those interested in EVE:

EVE is all about two things - Skills(game and player) and PvP. PvP includes everything from 1v1 to huge battles, territory control and base building, base sieges, system occupations, mercenaries, large scale tactics.
A lot of the PvP is about honour/name, people are touchy about it.
In short, PvP is god.

90% of everything in EVE is player constructed(and researched) - Basically all the ships, structures, t2 modules and ammo. Random nub-level or omgimba-level modules are dropped by shit-pirates or very rare elite zomg officers/rare spawns/bosses in high level complexes. Thus, the whole market is ran by real people.

The "PvE" content is very weak compared to any other mmo. The "mobs" have shit AI and limited abilities. You can kill random pirates on asteroid belts, that respawn there later on, and collect the bounty that the police put on their heads. For a more "serious" pve you can do missions which vary from level 1 to 5 and ofc in difficulty. Missions can be very nasty if you are not careful since at times there's 20-30 mobs spawned and if you aggro them all... Missions have different goals and usually have multiple "pockets"(think rooms). You get tons of cash from missions and also loyalty points with a certain corporation that you work for, which you can later on exchange for classy items. There are also courier missions that involve no killing but require you to transport shit from A to B. I think there are mining missions aswell but i am not sure if they actually put them in or not.
The last PvE element is the complex system. You need certain special skills to do "plexing", basically it involves scanning around in systems until you find and pinpoint a hidden location (otherwise invisible) where you get a different type of "mission" called a complex. At the end of the complex you can get a boss, directions to where to find another plex in the chain, locked boxes that you have to hack to get imbar itemz from or archeology sites that you have to excavate to extract imbar items from. Complexes take quite long(or a lot of luck) to find and are usually pretty nasty to do, but the awards at the end are ZOMGWTFBBQ and once you get a decent thing and sell it you can be rich for a month.

But all that PvE stuff is just the means to get money so you can buy yourself stuff you will lose in PvP. Cause in EVE when you die you lose almost everything, your ship leaves a wreck with a random number of items you were equipping or carrying that can be looted by you or anyone else, everything else is lost forever.

Otherwise you -can- do other things in EVE but PvP, like mining and production or research(or both, usually) and TBH the system is very complex and interesting. You get asteroids from which you extract raw materials that then need to be transformed to production materials. You then either sell them or use them to build stuff. To build you need a blueprint (can be original or a copy(copies have limited number of uses)) and the materials needed. When you have all it takes you decide how many copies of the object you want to build and put the production on a production line. n hours later you get your production off the line and... dunno, sell it or transport it to the other end of the world and get killed on the way to there or something.
 Once you get some decent cash you can sit quietly somewhere in a safe corner in space and run your production empire and jew your way to being a millionaire, if that's your thing but then i dunno what you will do with all the money.
You can research to discover blueprints for tech2 ships and items(that's the only way to get T2 blueprints now) and they all have limited number of uses(think 3-4) so there's always a need of researchers. Research is quite complex and takes work with agents, investing large amounts of cash and luck. It usually pays well but later on. Never done it so i basically know nothing in specifics.

The most important things you need to know about EVE are:

1. EVE is NOT newb friendly. As Naso said, you will get kicked in the face plenty of times. People will kill you just because you are a newb, but unlike WoW, it will hurt, it will probably set you back a couple of days cash-wise.
2. EVE is HUGE. There's tons and tons of stuff to do, shitloads of ships to fly etc. And you are free to do -anything-, there are no class, race or whatever limitations. The only limitation is -time-.
3. To do just about anything you need skills. To have a corporation you need skills. To mine you need skills. To fly a space public toilet you need skills. You can have all the skills in the game, but they train in real time(even when you are offline).  That's the best and worst part of EVE - best because it's ALL Skill based and you don't need to "grind" to get better, it just comes with time. Worst because you can't really "catch up" faster, honestly to be "on level" to fight with most people you need to invest about a year of time. OFC you can fight in the mean time, you can fly smaller ships etc, but you will be mostly helping others kill at the beginning. Which is not such a bad thing, because a successful gang really needs all kinds of ships so newbs get to be useful to.
4. EVE can be boring.
5. Even though people that play EVE can be jerks, idiots etc, people are mostly intelligent and reasonable(except the Chinese farmers ofc), there's no 14yos crying and fooling around.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
Age of Conan...
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2008, 06:33:21 pm »
Hunchie r noob@EVE tbfh

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2008, 06:33:51 pm »
EVE CAN BE BORING NEEDS TO BE FUCKING PUT IN CAPS.

Unless you have the ISK/resources to PVP, it's a fairly boring game, I reckon. PvE is mindless grinding, it's so easy that a few hours a week or whatever can fund a pvp career, but, I find I want to kill myself after spending a little while making money... only to lose it to a gang squad of fucking 14 cunts who don't want a fair fight against a way better skilled opponent. That and the amount of capital ships that are fielded in 0.0 battles these days is stupid. Fleet fights are fun, but, good luck experience any of the fun shit on a trial account.

Offline Kat

Age of Conan...
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2008, 06:58:07 pm »
Yeah, that doesn't really sound like it's for me.  Video games should not be excessively frustrating.
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor
Age of Conan...
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2008, 07:06:26 pm »
They should, when it's an MMO :)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 07:25:42 pm »
It's not frustrating when you're winning. :p

It's awesome. It's the best rush for a game I've ever experienced.

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
Age of Conan...
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 09:49:42 pm »
The graphics are good, very very good actually... but they are too busy, and I don't like overly realistic games, no matter how realistic they try to be, they aren't - a bit of an artsy edge makes things... look... well, makes them not look corpsey. IMO, graphics are also too cluttered. Lag and FPS is shit. Stuff is broken, and you zone into instances WAYYYY to often. The 123 combo shit for every freakin attack is also irritating, esp when your 31 year old arthritic fingers start getting sore after 15 minutes of game play.

It's a game that had potential, but missed the mark big time.

In a nutshell. It's dumb.

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 09:50:56 pm »
Couldn't agree more, Amanda. OMG.

Age of Conan...
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 09:51:56 pm »
WHEEL OF TIME MMORPG FTW

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2008, 09:56:57 pm »
Nasojiti balefires Mythrandir - Mythrandir resists.

1,1,2,1,2,3!

Age of Conan...
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 10:06:13 pm »
*sniff*

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 10:13:36 pm »
So, made an EVE account yet? A caldari eve account?

Age of Conan...
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2008, 10:14:53 pm »
I keep telling you I;m at work saving the world from laser wielding lions.

Offline Nasojiti

Age of Conan...
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2008, 10:25:45 pm »
Oh, I'm sorry. GL with that.

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
Age of Conan...
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2008, 11:06:32 pm »
Anyone that starts playing EVE must play Amarr or else.

They have lasers and ships made of gold.  Enough reason to pick them.

Age of Conan...
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2008, 11:20:21 pm »
No one's going to play Eve after this thread