Author Topic: Festival of Lights  (Read 123 times)

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
Festival of Lights
« on: June 29, 2008, 04:52:47 pm »
This is the annual Canada Day celebration that takes place in Charlottetown.  Four days long, the main attraction is a series of concerts at an outdoor stage, every evening.  This year is the same, with some interesting shows.

Last night:

State of Shock - Not terrible, not fantastic.  They were the openers for the openers, so they were a short set.  Kind of got the crowd going, but mainly only the kids up front.

The Trews - I've seen them before, and enjoyed them.  They were solid again this year, and I had a good time when they were on stage.  Again, didn't do much to get the crowd very into it, though.

Billy Talent - Headliners.  While I've never been a huge fan of Billy Talent, they're not bad.  But they hit the stage last night, and started into their first set, and fucking blew me away.  Very high energy, they were obviously enjoying themselves.  By the end of the first set, I was a fan.  The music was fantastic, the band are incredibly tight, and they engage the crowd throughout the whole show.  These guys are rockstars, and they love every minute of it.  The second set was just as good, if not better.  More songs I actually knew in the second set, which may be why I enjoyed it more, but it was fantastic nonetheless.

Tonight: Matt Mays and El Torpedo, Our Lady Peace (headlining), and somebody else.  I'm not that interested in the show tonight, but I may wander down at some point.

Monday: Collective Soul (meh) opening for The Tragically Hip.  Who, despite the fact that I am a huge fan, I have never seen live.  Something always comes up.  And though I have tickets for Monday's show, I am not holding my breath.  Until I am in the crowd, and they are on stage, I am going to assume that something is going to happen which will force me to miss the show.
I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
Festival of Lights
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:17:13 am »
Fucking Hip rocked.
I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline Mandie

• View Profile
    • Family Photos
Festival of Lights
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 05:28:48 am »
They are amazing live, aren't they?