Author Topic: Matt Damon's Take on Sarah Polin  (Read 448 times)

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
Matt Damon's Take on Sarah Polin
« on: September 12, 2008, 11:02:14 pm »
Sometimes I have to pinch myself when it comes to American politics. And yes, she believes Dinosaurs were here 4 thousand years ago. Hardcore christian. The woman is a fucking train wreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:03:28 pm by Mandie »

Offline Nasojiti

Re: Matt Damon's Take on Sarah Polin
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 11:12:42 pm »
Nothing another plane wouldn't fix, I'm sure.

It is believed Stalin is directly responsible for personally shooting, cooking and consuming as many as 230 million Soviet people.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 11:15:39 pm »
Palin? Yeah, she's a complete non-entity as far as cohesive policy is concerned...
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke
God to Earth: “Cry more, noobs!”
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline Ebert Von Snappenhausen

• Örf!
If there is a thread, I'll post in it. If I post in it, it will die. That is the cycle of the Walrus.

When people see me lurkin', they go pomgwtfnoesbbq and guestify. Are you a pretty little guest now too?

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:41:43 pm »
GIBSON: You said recently, in your old church, "Our national leaders are sending U.S. soldiers on a task that is from God." Are we fighting a holy war?

PALIN: You know, I don't know if that was my exact quote.

GIBSON: Exact words.

and

GIBSON: But, Governor, I'm asking you: We have the right, in your mind, to go across the border with or without the approval of the Pakistani government.

PALIN: In order to stop Islamic extremists, those terrorists who would seek to destroy America and our allies, we must do whatever it takes and we must not blink, Charlie, in making those tough decisions of where we go and even who we target.

GIBSON: And let me finish with this. I got lost in a blizzard of words there. Is that a yes? That you think we have the right to go across the border with or without the approval of the Pakistani government, to go after terrorists who are in the Waziristan area?

PALIN: I believe that America has to exercise all options in order to stop the terrorists who are hell bent on destroying America and our allies. We have got to have all options out there on the table.

Offline Kat

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 02:19:41 pm »
I find Sarah Palin's popularity very disturbing.  At first I thought McCain's senility was finally showing (a nonenity governor with 20 months on the job, is he nuts?), but after seeing her speech at the RNC I got worried.  She's very charismatic and she could really whip up the Republican base into a Bible-thumping, pavement-pounding frenzy, which is not good as McCain has been unable to tap that base until now.  It's scary because politically she's a stealth Cheney.  The thought of her one bad step away from the Oval is pretty chilling.
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline FoiD

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 12:32:41 am »
Did she actually state somewhere that that is her belief on dinosaurs?
Save the world... have ur kids spayed or neutered!

Wow, that was incrediblt rude, even by your standards.
Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill... Oh and send me money
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire, he's warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 02:43:53 pm »
Yes. She is some hardcore religious creationist and also, catch this, wants Charles Darwin’s books banned. Ask about her oil drilling in Alaska. That's a good one too.

As my husband pointed out to me recently, even the Catholic church acknowledges evolution. Regardless, I really don't care what her religious beliefs are, they have no place in politics. And book bannings? What is this 1812?

Offline FoiD

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 03:15:15 pm »
"Yes", without providing so much as a link.
She's religious yes, but not al religious people actually think that the earth is 6,000/10,000/20,000 years old.
She tried to get creationism taught, but that might be that she supports the people who want that, and not actually believe it herself.

So... Got Source?

Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill... Oh and send me money

Offline Thin

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 03:17:54 pm »
Booyah! one for catholics!

The Average American voter never ceases to amaze me.

For fucksake, US, vote in Obama. You've used your quote of retarded governments.

Offline FoiD

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 03:35:54 pm »
Well, both seem to be somewhat retarded.
Obama is also backpeddeling a fair bit, and Biden...

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 06:45:40 pm »
"Yes", without providing so much as a link.
She's religious yes, but not al religious people actually think that the earth is 6,000/10,000/20,000 years old.
She tried to get creationism taught, but that might be that she supports the people who want that, and not actually believe it herself.

So... Got Source?

She is a hardcore Evangelical Christian FoiD. She also wants to teach Creationism in schools. Evangelical Christians and Creationists believe the earth is 6,000 years old, making dinosaurs here 4,000 years ago. It's why she was picked, to get the religious nutcase vote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

Palin attended the Wasilla Assembly of God until age 38. When in Juneau, she attends the Juneau Christian Center.[181] Her current home church is the Wasilla Bible Church, an independent congregation. Palin described herself in an interview as a "Bible-believing" Christian.

In a 2008 speech, Palin urged a group of graduating ministry students at her former church to pray for the military and to consider the militaries job as a task from God. In the same remarks Palin asserted that "God's will" was responsible for the Alaskan national gas pipeline project. Gov. Palin stated at the Assembly of God Church that she was sent by God from underneath the umbrella of the church, to the state of Alaska.

In 1984, Palin won the Miss Wasilla Pageant beauty contest, then finished third (second runner-up) in the Miss Alaska pageant, at which she won a college scholarship and the "Miss Congeniality" award.

She ran for Wasilla city council in 1992, at age 28, against John Hartrick, a local telephone company worker, on a promise to bring "my progressive, competitive attitude" to government. She won 530 votes to John Hartrick’s 310. On the council, she successfully opposed a measure to curtail the hours at Wasilla's bars by two hours, which surprised Hartrick because she was then a member of a church that advocated abstinence from alcohol.

Palin as city councilwoman stated in 1995 that the book Daddy's Roommate did not belong on the shelves of the local library, and stated that she did not need to read the book.

According to city librarian Mary Ellen Emmons in October 1996, Palin inquired as to whether Emmons would object to library censorship. Palin later spoke publicly about the issue, saying she had no particular books or other material in mind for removal.No books were removed from the library. Emmons recalls Palin raising the possibility of people circling the library in protest, to which Emmons replied that the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) would get involved.

Palin fired Emmons on January 30, 1997. She rescinded the firing of Emmons the next day after meeting with her and after what the Anchorage Daily News called "a wave of public support for Emmons." Palin stated that her concerns had been alleviated when Emmons agreed to support Palin's plan to merge the town's library and museum operations.

Palin fired Police Chief Stambaugh the same day as Emmons. Palin gave a signed letter to Police Chief Stambaugh stating: "I do not feel I have your full support in my efforts to govern the city of Wasilla..." Stambaugh claimed that his firing was retaliation for his opposition to letting residents carry concealed weapons, and his opposition to letting bars stay open late at night, citing Palin's statement that the National Rifle Association (NRA) didn't like him. Stambaugh filed a lawsuit but the case was dismissed; the court concluded the mayor had the right to fire city employees for nearly any reason, including a political one.

Palin promoted oil and natural gas resource development in Alaska, including in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR), where such development has been the subject of a national debate. In March 2007, Palin put forward an Alaska Gasline Inducement Act (AGIA) to encourage building a natural gas pipeline from the state's North Slope. In January 2008, Palin announced that TransCanada Corporation was the sole AGIA-compliant applicant. In August 2008, Palin signed a bill awarding TransCanada Pipelines $500 million in seed money and a license to build and operate the $26 billion pipeline to transport gas from the North Slope to the Lower 48 through Canada.

In 2006, Palin obtained a passport and in 2007 traveled for the first time outside of North America.

According to a New York Times article, for which reporters interviewed 60 local officials and legislators, Palin has pursued vendettas, fired officials who crossed her and blurred the line between government and personal grievance.

An article in USA Today states that Palin teamed with Democrats in the Legislature to raise taxes on the oil industry and to pursue a populist agenda that toughened ethics rules, while taking few steps to advance culturally conservative causes.

She also supports capital punishment.[154] Palin supports allowing the discussion of creationism in public schools, but says it does not have to be part of the curriculum.[155] Palin opposes same-sex marriage and supported a non-binding referendum for an Alaskan constitutional amendment to deny state health benefits to same-sex couples.[156][157] Palin has called herself "as pro-life as any candidate can be,"[156] and she is supportive of "abstinence-only" sex education, although in 2006 said she supported contraception; she is opposed to abortion (including when the pregnancy is caused by rape or incest), but supports it in cases where the mother's life would be endangered.[158][159] Palin has promoted oil and natural gas resource exploitation in Alaska, including in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR),[73] and initiated a lawsuit over the federal listing of the polar bear[160] and Cook Inlet beluga whale as an endangered species.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 06:58:03 pm by Mandie »

Offline FoiD

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 07:19:25 pm »
I know many fairly hard core catholics who believe in creationism, and do not believe that the earth is that young.

All the other crap is nice, but is it documented that she believes in dinosaurs being around only thousands of years ago?

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 07:58:13 pm »
Er, FoiD... that's the conclusion of believing the bible literally. You don't need a quote for it.
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline FoiD

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2008, 08:23:45 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_believer

bible believer does not necessarily mean one who takes the whole bible literally

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 08:55:55 pm »
Did you read my post, the entire post?

Palin attended the Wasilla Assembly of God until age 38. When in Juneau, she attends the Juneau Christian Center. Her current home church is the Wasilla Bible Church, an independent congregation. Palin described herself in an interview as a "Bible-believing" Christian.

Also: “We like to call this the Bible Belt of Alaska,” says Cheryl Metiva, head of the local chamber of commerce. Churches proliferate in Wasilla today, and among the largest and most influential is the Wasilla Bible Church, where the Palins worship.

This is an Evangelical hardcore church FoiD. They take creationism, the days of creation and the bible itself very literal. One day is as a thousand years, placing dinosaurs at the 4 thousand year mark.

Offline FoiD

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 09:04:07 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasilla_Bible_Church

Its statement of faith says its members believe that the Bible is the 'inspired, inerrant word of God...' The sermons of its ministers steer clear of politics and hot-button social issues and dwell instead on scripture.

She seems to be differing from her church in the steering clear of politics.  Why then must she, accoring to you and no quotable source, adhere to the sticking to the inerrant word of God?

Till I see such a source it is not clear if she is just that.

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 10:47:03 pm »
In terms of quote, Bible believing and her devout creationism and Evangelical beliefs is enough for me to acknowledge her real beliefs. She's made her beliefs VERY clear my dear.

In a 2008 speech, Palin urged a group of graduating ministry students at her former church to pray for the military and to consider the militaries job as a task from God. In the same remarks Palin asserted that "God's will" was responsible for the Alaskan national gas pipeline project. Gov. Palin stated at the Assembly of God Church that she was sent by God from underneath the umbrella of the church, to the state of Alaska.

That freaks me out. Sorry, but this shit has no place in politics.

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 11:12:12 pm »
And beyond religion, this upsets me the most, and my gut tells me beyond scoring the religious vote, oil was a major reason why she was chosen:

In January, Sarah Palin wrote in a New York Times op-ed piece, "[polar bears] are worthy of our utmost efforts to protect them and their Arctic habitat. But adding polar bears to the nation's list of endangered species, as some are now proposing, should not be part of those efforts." In May, the Alaskan governor opposed the Interior Department's listing the polar bear as threatened, and prompted the ire of environmentalists and animal rights activists. In August, Palin, who has long advocated opening the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to drilling, rallied her fellow Alaskan officials to sue Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne, arguing that extending protection to the polar bear under the Endangered Species Act is unwarranted and will hinder Alaska's gas industry and offshore drilling development.

Offline FoiD

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 07:24:28 am »
No doubt, she's scary as hell.

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 12:42:04 pm »
No doubt, she's scary as hell.

Only because McCain is 70 and has already have 4 heart attacks. Even Bush didn't agree with her regarding the Polar Bears (thank God)  and still has them listed as threatened.

The more questions I have the more I dig up, and the more I dig up, the more she terrifies me. She has fired or tried to fire what 3 or 4 people now? All people that got in her way (refused to ban a book or was the ex husband of her sister.) Anyone that would go around firing people in a manner such as this is NOT to be trusted. I find it very dangerous that this nobody, this religious zealot and war lover, oil drilling, vindictive person could possibly command one of the most powerful countries of the world. Terrified. I wasn't going to vote when Hillary lost because I didn't feel motivated enough, but I will now, because this woman cannot ever be allowed to take office.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:43:15 pm by Mandie »

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 01:01:55 pm »
If only you had a voting system like here where you can vote for a third party and still indicate your preferences for the rest of the candidates.  Least hated person wins! :)
Gimme the good old days when a pair of
boobs were a couple of dumb guys.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 02:15:44 pm »
Yeah, I still can't believe you lot don't do preferential voting - even haven't reformed to do it...
- Arthur C. Clarke
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline FoiD

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 03:20:08 pm »
She actually sounds like the perfect Republican...

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 06:33:39 pm »
She actually sounds like the perfect Republican...

If she was male and it was 1952