Author Topic: So I'm surprised...  (Read 148 times)

Offline Boo!

So I'm surprised...
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:41:31 pm »
...that nobody has posted anything about Rock Band II.

I will admit that I have played the air-guitar games and they can be fun.  But to back-up my previous disdain for them ( ;) ), I bought my nephew an actual electric guitar and amp so that he could learn to play the real thing instead of mashing buttons on cue.

As to the game itself (RBII) I think the same of it as I do the rest.  It's a fun way to kill time, has an eclectic collection of songs (most of which I've never have and never will listen to), and once you've hit expert level on all the songs that you -do- like it tries to keep you in the game with all of the challenges.  I watched my roomie play against people online, and it just seems pretty *.

All in all, I'd rather splatter some people on Call of Duty 4.

-- :D

A friend is someone who pretends they like you, when they really think you should be raped by mad chimpanzees and then thrown to a pack of vicious dogs.

Offline rille

Re: So I'm surprised...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:24:22 pm »
Probably because we just got Rock Band 1 some month ago or two. Can't really motivate getting it either.
Maybe if I had like a play room to hide everything in. :/
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Star

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 12:03:33 am »
I <3 RB2. Its a much better version of the original game. We haven't finished playing it yet since we're taking our time. The songs are fabulous and its just a lot of fun to play. Its a great party game :)
I hope last night doesn't wake up this morning and tell tomorrow what I've done

Offline Kat

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 12:24:57 am »
Busy with Fable 2 and in a few days, Fallout 3.  Eventually we'll go for GH4 instead of Rock Band 2... I'm still mad about them delaying the European release for Rock Band 1 and then setting exorbitant prices for European sales.

Besides, after that there's still NWN 2:Storm of Zehir, and after the new year there's The Sims 3, Dragon Age, Alpha Protocol... it is a good six months for video gamers.  :D
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Boo!

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 05:43:11 pm »
Good god Kat, have much free time? ;)

Yeah, star, my roomie downloaded a -shitstorm- of songs for rb1.  It was kinda funny, when he first kicked on rb2 he thought he had a bunch of stuff pre-unlocked.  Then he got to looking and realized he had like 150 dl'd songs transferred over from the first game.  Talk about taking your time... ;)

-- :D

A friend is someone who pretends they like you, when they really think you should be raped by mad chimpanzees and then thrown to a pack of vicious dogs.

Offline Kat

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 03:52:04 am »
Free time, eh... let's just say there might be some small, isolated incidents of schoolwork neglect.  ;)  But at least the new course is fairly interesting, so thus far I haven't had too much trouble going to class and spending 2-3 hours daily studying.

Fallout 3 is really good btw.  Due to a mixup at bol.com we got the game two days before the scheduled release...  Engrossing quests, tough-yet-fun combat, interesting story, great graphics and voice acting.  I didn't get to homework until around midnight.  :D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:55:44 am by Kat »
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com