Author Topic: Looking through the archives  (Read 168 times)

Offline Beardmith

• View Profile
Looking through the archives
« on: November 22, 2018, 02:44:03 am »
So I've spent some time strolling down memory lane as I'm sure whoever is here has. I've remembered some things that I had totally wiped from my memory, had some laughs, and did a lot of cringing.

As the years continue to grind my soul and testosterone levels to new lows, I am gaining some introspection. What I've realized, is that for almost the entire time I posted here, I was a complete jackass.  I don't just mean some of the classic Beardo ways.. there were plenty of times I crossed the line and was just cruel for no reason that I can remember. I'm embarrassed by it, and if anyone ever sees that and even cares, I'm sorry.

Offline Cray

• View Profile
Re: Looking through the archives
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 06:46:32 pm »
<3 Well, we did push you down in the beardo pit back in wotbf, no wonder that took a toll. I for one take text messages on internet forums with a pitch of salt, and can joyfully observe Ive matured in the last few years myself.
vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Offline Ebert Von Snappenhausen

• Örf!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 10:54:23 pm »
Alright.
Your move.
If there is a thread, I'll post in it. If I post in it, it will die. That is the cycle of the Walrus.

When people see me lurkin', they go pomgwtfnoesbbq and guestify. Are you a pretty little guest now too?

Offline Beardmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2018, 01:42:54 am »
Those were all my moves.

Offline Morsayne

• View Profile
    • http://blueoranges.iwarp.com/quotes.html
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 04:49:28 am »
You were a bit hardcore at times, yes. The fact you say something now says a lot,  and it's great. Having had the same exposure to the same religion [CULT] I understand more then most where some of that anger came from. Not an excuse, but it is part of the reason.  The older I get the less negativity I try to spread, and I've been nothing but better for it.

I know our forums have had a huge impact on my way of thinking and all that goes with that. The good and the bad we've had here has prepared me to not be a complete fool online now that the rest of the world has joined us on the web.

It'd be really funny if we went to Erins wedding.
Drank all the alcohol.
Insulted flunji's "New Zealand" family
And then sailed off into the sunset.
Probably to ingapore, whoich isn;t really the sunset
oh.
Hello flunji!

Offline rille

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2018, 09:12:51 am »
This forum wouldn't be back unless I regretted a few things.
(I suppose I might whine some about that sometime) But like a spell of clear cast...
Illusion away... Ask the Walrus. He is still into those games, or so I have heard. :)

I have some regrets leaving the community and/or not take part to keep it together.
But I'm back on irc (nobody ever says a thing) and working on the forum/community.
Might be to a lesser degree, having family, almost a career and being sick is no picnic for the soul, but I'm sadly more connected now than ever anyhow.
Most likely monitored too. *paranoia* But I'm also sort of sick of FB and all shallow faces.
It's nice to have some place to retreat to, even if it isn't anonymous. (I suggest get a VPN, a new username, and don't write to personal stuff if you want that)

After having been so sick for a few times already, almost been over the border.
I have decided that I must at least be true to myself to some degree whatever the cost.

In the end, I'm a pretty decent person and as Mr. Straczinski put it, "Understanding is a three-edged sword". *g*
I'm not that much black & white anymore.
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Beardmith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 06:50:16 pm »
Morsy!  :-*

I guess we all growed up didn't we. *waxes poetic*  *also waxes normally*

Offline Flouride

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 04:54:18 pm »
Oh, joy. I went through all of my posts here, luckily there weren't that many!
I can see the bent up anger within myself during those years and just the immaturity showing off in so many posts.
Hate the living, love the dead.

Offline rille

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 05:01:51 pm »
Oh, joy. I went through all of my posts here, luckily there weren't that many!
I can see the bent up anger within myself during those years and just the immaturity showing off in so many posts.

Just wait until I get the Atari archives up :P
It would be strange if some age didn’t result in some wisdom though to core you remain the same.

I spent some time today so its only a few days away.
I have decided not to merge it with the ff database.
It feels sort of like a good and honest legacy solution. :)

Next project after that will be some irc integration.
(I’m not a huge fan of discord...)

On hw side, long term, probably get a master and slave DNS name server (though you will not notice that) - bit tired of this mess. Set up a dedicated firewall. The ASUS one stops basic injections but it pretty much sucks since I cant configure it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:07:10 pm by rille »
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Rick

• Omg hi 2 U.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 04:30:35 pm »
I will not look into these archives. There's only so much tweenage dread I can face.
The simplest thing is to work with n-dimensional Minkowski spacetime.

Offline Webster

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 03:02:13 pm »
Just stumbled back across here today. So weird. Definitely relate from remembering my own version of jackass. Been a long, strange road. ~ Weflicker
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 03:02:47 pm by Webster »

Offline Megan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 04:42:56 pm »
I've come to the conclusion that most, if not all, people are jackasses between the ages of 16 and about 30.

I have to say, I am genuinely glad to see you back, Beardy.   :)

I kinda want to do a "where are they now" thread.....
Mysterious Foreign Woman

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam

Offline rille

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2019, 03:53:15 pm »
I kinda want to do a "where are they now" thread.....

Haha, that's the question.
Hunchback et friend ran a 're-introducing' thread on google groups. I believe that was 2015? ;-)