Author Topic: Archery  (Read 93 times)

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor
Archery
« on: December 13, 2018, 08:24:45 AM »
My wife payed me a subscription to a local archery club two years ago, as a gift for my Bday and i've been into it ever since. She joined me last year too, so now we can practice together, when there's time.

We are totally not "hardcore" into it, as in not competitive at all. We actually switched back to what's know as "traditional archery", meaning you use a bow as simple as possible, no aids, stabilizers, scopes etc, just a wooden bow and a string. We actually just ordered two "horse bows" from a artisan in Hungary (http://www.tradinagyijak.hu/nomad-vezer-ij.html), they'll probably be ready next year. We practice it more as a meditation form and leisure than to score points, win medals etc.

Anyways, was wondering if anyone in these parts is practicing it. Could be interesting to exchange some resources such as decent manufacturers, deals, techniques, etc... ?
"Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Offline rille

Re: Archery
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
Awesome! :)

I totally suck at archery.
I'm good with a rifle and I tried to get into 'rifle running' for a short time.

I would want to try that again, but with my current body running is still no go. :-(
(2008 I ran 70-100 km a week, but no marathon distances, still fat (relative) but I feelt strong back then... (at least, finally, better self image))

Then I stopped 2009. I sort of crashed for many reasons I'm never going to discuss here. 2011/2012 was also difficult years, by then I was more or less off grid from forums etc. i.e. facebook had taken over. 2016 was the year I reclaimed some personal space and said stop to impossible work and impossible, and rude, management. :) That sort of backfired, I got my diagnosis at end of 2016, by then I had probably had my disease for years. I was so tired, but went on anyhow for a long time until I could walk no more. Nobody can say for sure how long I have been sick. Mayby Minx (for example) can guess but I'm not going to ask about the pathology, for many reasons.

Now I'm tired and body hurts but I'm sort of reborn again too. :)
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 09:36:36 PM »
So you actually beat it? You are in remission?

Offline rille

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 11:37:10 PM »
So you actually beat it? You are in remission?

Still in remission after 6 months. It’s most common to get unlucky the first 48 months...
Not sure about beating anything or what exactly ’cure’ means.

I hope to have some good years. :)
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 07:56:41 AM »
I've had 33 good years so far, so...

Offline Ebert Von Snappenhausen

• Örf!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »
Riljek. You were never fat. Even relatively.
If there is a thread, I'll post in it. If I post in it, it will die. That is the cycle of the Walrus.

When people see me lurkin', they go pomgwtfnoesbbq and guestify. Are you a pretty little guest now too?

Offline Hunchback

• An Elf In Mordor
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 11:48:56 AM »
Nothing compare with Beardo, at least :)