Author Topic: I live again!  (Read 66 times)

Offline rille

I live again!
« on: May 02, 2019, 05:43:02 pm »
So today is the day of my so-called re-birth!
I got my stem cells back in the blood and that helped my bone marrow recover after a heavy and potentially deadly treatment. :)

Last week my values looked good and better than on a long time, almost up in 160 Hb again. Still in remission as far as I can tell.
Gives me some hope for the future. :)

I want to thank everyone that has checked by FF since we rebooted it. Not much talk but it helps.
In the end, it's the action of a person that counts and the people around now have always been stars. ;D

I have, as the Walrus expressed it, maybe a hint of Pdsd. The few selected might have noticed.
I hope you understand that I wouldn't be so annoying if you didn't mean that much to me.  :'(
It's also time I retake some of my life, working is nice because it gives money but it's also nice to have time to spend it. ;-)

Once I get back full at work I'm going to have to setup some new goal for myself.
-Maybe see if the company can pay my Ph.D., though I'm starting to get old and it's not my thing. :-P
-Join some startup as an owner or part of the board. Being a rock-star developer has its set backs with age.

"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Ebert Von Snappenhausen

• Örf!
Re: I live again!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 07:48:59 pm »
Good to hear!
If there is a thread, I'll post in it. If I post in it, it will die. That is the cycle of the Walrus.

When people see me lurkin', they go pomgwtfnoesbbq and guestify. Are you a pretty little guest now too?

Offline Rick

• Omg hi 2 U.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 02:26:05 pm »
Nice!
If you want to do a startup, I could offer you my genius business idea: Alco-smoothies!
Alcopops for hipsters is going to make you millions for sure.
Pretty sure you don't need any know-how at all, just find some Hipster-inevstment banker for the startup-funding, and then buy a few blenders and start a website.
The simplest thing is to work with n-dimensional Minkowski spacetime.

Offline Beardmith

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 03:21:49 pm »
Guys... I have TWO extra blenders. Did we just become business partners?

Offline rille

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 12:35:06 am »
Guys... I have TWO extra blenders. Did we just become business partners?

Probably not :)

But I have my people if it comes to it!
Loyal from many years of code and business battle... unlike some on this forum *sniff*
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Ebert Von Snappenhausen

• Örf!
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 01:51:09 pm »
Loyality is merely another word for well broken in slave.
If there is a thread, I'll post in it. If I post in it, it will die. That is the cycle of the Walrus.

When people see me lurkin', they go pomgwtfnoesbbq and guestify. Are you a pretty little guest now too?