Author Topic: Reggae anyone?  (Read 51 times)

Offline Nadir

Reggae anyone?
« on: October 08, 2003, 12:18:30 AM »
Anyone who knows of any good old reggae? Something like Bob Marley style (or Peter Tosh). Someone tipped me about the Pioneers. Anyone knows?
If evolution exists at all, it likely explains why there are big, small, round, long, green, red and green tomatoes. It in no way explains why there are tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and peppers. The explanation is salad"

www.fstdt.com - need i say more? ;)

Offline Aimless

Reggae anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 10:05:42 PM »
Don't know any old reggae 'sides Marley and the Wailers, but you might like Black Uhuru, and, lessee, Junior Kelly. Both're a lot angrier'n the nice old stuff though.

And there's always *cough* Sean Paul *cough*. And this little song on my HD which I still don't know who it's by... Nuttin' no go so :)
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Offline Nadir

Reggae anyone?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 09:01:01 PM »
Yeah, thats the thing. New reggae is so damn angry, and when it isnt angry, it has almost turned into hip-hop. Now, i like hip-hop and some of the new reggae, but the old reggae just seems a lot harder to find, which is typical when i have just gotten into a "old-reggae period". Strange that... How the taste in music changes in periods....
If evolution exists at all, it likely explains why there are big, small, round, long, green, red and green tomatoes. It in no way explains why there are tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and peppers. The explanation is salad"

www.fstdt.com - need i say more? ;)