Author Topic: System Restore  (Read 28 times)

Offline Anjinsan

System Restore
« on: November 17, 2003, 03:10:02 am »
Ok, I think that system restore is useful for creating a restore point every week or so, or every time I decide to change my configuration files. My problem is, is that I want to be the only one doing this, but by default, system restore creates its own checkpoints. Microsoft tells me that "you never have to worry about taking system snapshots, as it will automatically create easily identifiable restore points" but so far as I am concerned, Microsoft can fuck off because I don't want the program doing anything without my say so. I have not been able to find a way to disable this automatic logging, and was wondering if someone with more l33t skills than I knows of some way to do that. Help?
Optimists are cynics in denial.

Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a moment. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding...

Offline Runic

• http://www.livejournal.com/users/glimmer
System Restore
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 03:28:40 am »
not sure how well it'll work, but right click on My Computer and click manage.  Under services you'll find System Restore Service, change it from Automatic to Manual.
"Tomorrow owes you the sum of your yesterdays.  No more than that."  Amber looked out to the sea again.  "And no less.  Sometimes folk wish tomorrow did not pay them off so completely."
-Amber ("Madship" by Robin Hobb)