Author Topic: Jimmy Carter's speech  (Read 1959 times)

Offline Aimless

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2004, 11:23:38 AM »
But they aren't running for president.

This is just another part of the looks issue.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Offline Croi Boi

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2004, 11:24:54 AM »
Thin:

Being injured.

Agi:

That wasn't really the point of my "jab" at Kerry.  The point was, he's making them out like he won the fucking war when in actuality he was scraped by some shrapnel.  Three different times.  ;)
there is another world
there is a better world
well, there must be.

Offline Aginor

• a monkey from a long line of kings
Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2004, 11:25:13 AM »
He said that. But it seems that Kerry wasn't injured very seriously in two and the third didn;t leave any permanent damage.

Do you get purple hearts for being injured, or acting heroically?

A purple heart is awarded to anyone injured in combat. He got his bronze and silver star for acts of bravery.

Offline Aginor

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2004, 11:28:17 AM »
Agi:

That wasn't really the point of my "jab" at Kerry.  The point was, he's making them out like he won the fucking war when in actuality he was scraped by some shrapnel.  Three different times.  ;)

No, that was your whole point. You failed miserably, and backtracked when shown otherwise. Then you admitted you were wrong when pressed. :D He never made out to seem like he won the whole fucking war. Can you show me where he said that he won the whole fucking war?

Offline Thin

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2004, 11:28:18 AM »
hrm, if he also won two stars for acts of bravery, I wouldn't be very quick to condemn his contribution to the war...

Offline Croi Boi

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2004, 11:34:06 AM »
No, that was your whole point. You failed miserably, and backtracked when shown otherwise. Then you admitted you were wrong when pressed.  He never made out to seem like he won the whole fucking war. Can you show me where he said that he won the whole fucking war?

Well, I'll tell you what I meant, and you can go on assuming whatever you like.  The entirety of my first post was intended to mock the seriousness that everyone places upon Kerry's Purple Hearts.  That's what I did.  One small piece of my information turned out to be incorrect.  I admitted that.  

I think it was obviously that I was using a technique known as "hyperbole" in my last post.  You don't seem to be aware of it, though, so I'll explain.  I exaggerated to get a point across.  See how it works?  No, Kerry doesn't walk around saying "I won the war."  I didn't say he did.  I DO think that more importance than deserved is placed on them.
there is another world
there is a better world
well, there must be.

Offline Mordeth

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2004, 11:36:13 AM »
i think the importance is just placed upon them to show the "differences" between him and the bushwacker..

man, I've missed freaky world.
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline Aginor

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2004, 11:39:12 AM »
No you didn't. Little twirps like yourself will use anything to distort the truth. You make wild accusation, (Hillary murdered Vince Foster, Michael Moore is a islamo-fascist that wants Americans dead, Howard Dean and Al Gore are raving lunatics, Kerry thinks he won the whole fucking war) with no concrete evidence, and then when pressed, backtrack saying that you exagerate to make a point. I call it what it really is. Lying.

Now off to work I go.

Offline Croi Boi

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2004, 11:42:05 AM »
Good riddance.  :)
there is another world
there is a better world
well, there must be.

Offline Thin

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2004, 11:47:20 AM »
I was under the impression that everyone distorts the truth to their opinion. Its a difficult thing to escape.

Offline Devlyn, the special edition

• http://www.shiningsource.net
Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2004, 02:42:54 PM »
It's when people start doing it deliberately things get nasty though :).
First and Proudest Member of the Unmelodramatic Music Fundamentalists Association!
blehg, a blog!

Offline Rel

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2004, 03:21:16 PM »
I think Croi ought to be awarded a purple heart for injuries received in this thread.
"You've just had a heavy session of electro-shock therapy, and you're more relaxed than you've been in weeks. All those childhood traumas, magically wiped away - along with most of your personality."

Offline Mordeth

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2004, 03:23:20 PM »
do you think he should get some time off posting though?
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline Rel

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2004, 03:24:31 PM »
Hell no, it was just a scratch.
"You've just had a heavy session of electro-shock therapy, and you're more relaxed than you've been in weeks. All those childhood traumas, magically wiped away - along with most of your personality."

Offline Thin

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2004, 03:34:13 PM »
I'm not going to vote for him, though.

Offline pBluescript

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2004, 03:00:27 AM »
It seems from the records availible that Kerry did get wounded in combat 3 separate times and is thus eligilble for 3 purple hearts.

But that the military gives out purple hearts for scratches???  For walking wounded??    Hell, I could be in 'combat' get a splinter, pull it out, let it get infected and if there are any bullets going off in the general vicinity, I might be eligilble for a purple heart.

pBluescript: who thinks purple hearts should be reserved for more serious wounds than the one described here.
Old Myrrdrall never die, they just slowly Fade away

Offline Aginor

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2004, 03:33:36 AM »
Good riddance.  :)

You make baby jesus cry, Croi.

Now run along.

Offline RandBlade

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2004, 10:04:42 AM »

No you didn't. Little twirps like yourself will use anything to distort the truth. You make wild accusation, (Hillary murdered Vince Foster, Michael Moore is a islamo-fascist that wants Americans dead, Howard Dean and Al Gore are raving lunatics, Kerry thinks he won the whole fucking war) with no concrete evidence, and then when pressed, backtrack saying that you exagerate to make a point. I call it what it really is. Lying.
Michael Moore is a disreputable known liar you do not need to exercise in hyperbole to attack him and for the sake of fairness Bush does look like a monkey.
In the Arab world, women get stoned when they commit adultery. In the West, women commit adultery when they get stoned.

If god is that judgmental and that un-compassionate, he can go fuck himself anyway. ~ Kat

Offline Thin

Jimmy Carter's speech
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2004, 10:09:01 AM »

and for the sake of fairness Bush does look like a monkey.

:rofl: