fantasy-freak.com

Randblade!

Thin · 30 · 1971

Offline Lannie

• http://www.lannie.net
We are democratic and do have an "absence of: political imprisonments, political murders, genocide, torture and institutionalised rape." So what are you talking about as we do lead by example :?

Devlyn here:
Later on you say this applies to both the UK and the US. How do you look at the structural raping affairs concerning priests in Boston?
Also, how do you match the absence of torture with the current American hearing methods against terrorists?
"the Internet is a place where absolutely nothing happens, and you need to take advantage of that"
-- Strongbad

Offline RandBlade

Devlyn here:
Later on you say this applies to both the UK and the US. How do you look at the structural raping affairs concerning priests in Boston?
Also, how do you match the absence of torture with the current American hearing methods against terrorists?
The structural raping of children by priests was part of the Catholic Church and not the United States government, I have seen no evidence to suggest that the US government was a co-conspirator for that. I believe that the Church should be heavily fined and punished for what it did and if it attempts to go bankrupt in order to not foot the bills (as one diocese is already threatening to do) then the churches and land of the diocese should be seized and sold to plug the gap.
I apologise but I'm not too sure what you mean here Dev. If you refer to Abu Ghraib then that was not instiutionalised or authorised, the people who did that were criminals who were caught not by the media but by the American governments own internal system (the original pictures were from a leaked military report dealing with the abuse, 6 had already been charged before the story was leaked). The people who did that were criminals.
In the Arab world, women get stoned when they commit adultery. In the West, women commit adultery when they get stoned.

If god is that judgmental and that un-compassionate, he can go fuck himself anyway. ~ Kat

Offline Sassy

um...i haven't read through this thread, but i was going to make a thread for randblade and now i don't have to.

it's really nice to have a conservative pov on FF. mind you, i'm about as bleeding heart as they come, but it gets boring when everyone has the same views on things. so, yay for you being here!

*you may now resume your debate*
:)
Hey, man, you're harshing my mellow.

Offline RandBlade

LOL, thank you Sassy :). If everyone agrees on something then there's not much point debating with them about it I think, I prefer talking to people I disagree with so should like it here ;)
In the Arab world, women get stoned when they commit adultery. In the West, women commit adultery when they get stoned.

If god is that judgmental and that un-compassionate, he can go fuck himself anyway. ~ Kat

Offline Thin

I learn more from those I disagree with :)