fantasy-freak.com

Grand-daughter arrested for double-homicide

Sinada · 18 · 1173

Offline Sinada

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/South/08/03/grandparents.killed.ap/index.html

"Two teenage girls wanted in the stabbing deaths of one of the girl's grandparents were captured by police along the Georgia coast on Tuesday.

Carl and Sarah Collier, both 77, were stabbed to death at their home Monday night in north Fayette County, about 15 miles south of Atlanta, authorities said.

Police apprehended the teens on Tybee Island, said Fayette County Sheriff Randall Johnson. Fifteen-year-old Holly Harvey and her friend Sandra Ketchum, 16, may be returned as early as Tuesday night to face murder charges, he said."

So apparently the grandaughter (who's 15) stabbed her grandfather and grandmother to death with a kitchen knife, then had her friend come with her as she stole a pickup truck and fled.
I got soul but I'm not a soldier...

Offline Sinada

It's just things like this that disgust me. I don't want to claim that this is an exclusively American issue/problem, but it certainly is close to being that way. In the documentary film by Michael Moore Bowling for Columbine he presents a very good segment about Canada. I've been to Canada (namely B.C., Vancouver + Whistler/Blackcomb mostly) and I have to say that it's actually not much different from the United States at all. In the segment about Canada in Bowling for Columbine he talks about how alot of Canadians don't even lock their doors because they don't really have to worry about theft. They have more guns per person than the states, but a murder rate that is much lower. You really only read about these things in the United States for the most part. I just think it's sickening.

Offline Thin

I'm tempted to agree, especially after Moore compared the number of shooting deaths in the US to that in other countries in the world.
Do you have a violent history? Not excessively so, no.
But you do have a culture of guns in some parts of the US, and the focus on weapons and weapons tech in someplaces is quite frankly, scary. (although I have to admit sometimes I just look at it and think _cool_ )

I would point out, though, that one of the reasons that the US isn't as safe as, for instance, Canada and Australia, is simply because we have a significantly smaller population, meaning that this sort of stuff happens less down here.

Offline Mordeth

i dunno, that kind of fucked up thing is happening a fair bit in Ireland lately..

naturally I blame the united states.
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline Sinada

Thin: of course, but percentage wise it's way higher in America.

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
The whole "culture of fear" was an interesting theory.

Oh, and this belongs in FW...
Gimme the good old days when a pair of
boobs were a couple of dumb guys.

Offline Thin

:lol:

Ireland has the excuse of the IRA, though, and its version of quasi-terrorism :)

Anyone ever been to South Africa? I've known a few people from there who have lived some pretty bloody and brutal lifestyles (at least compared to my own).

If we can't blame excessive violence, terror or war for making that girl kill her grandparents like that, then what is at fault? Bloody movies? video games? *shrugs*
hell, I'm even tempted to join the neo-cons and blame the lack of family morality and religion within American society, although I'm pretty sure America is the most Christian nation on earth... perhaps too religious?
Maybe the answer is much closer to the true nature of humanity. :?

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
Culture of fear!  It's the only plausible explanation!

Remember the media motto:  Keep 'em angry, keep 'em stupid.

Offline Sinada

At my dorm last year one of the RA's had spent some time in Tanzania. He said that it was so radically different that one couldn't imagine it until one lived there. Apparently a husband raped his wife repeatedly for several years before the tribe as a whole decided that it was enough and then communally stoned him :shock:

I don't think that it's got to do with 'too religious' I simply think that it's an acceptance of wrong doing that's so present in the life of impressionable people. If you think it's okay to do something bad, you'll probably do something bad when it comes time to do it. If you think it's wrong, but you're still willing to commit a double homicide then you still have an acceptance of wrongdoing that manifests itself violently. Theft, arson, murder, rape, all of these crimes (and all in general I suppose) are connected to acceptance of wrongdoing, if you're willing to accept wrongdoing (not accept responsibility, but simply acknowledge something is wrong and still commit the act and think it's okay to do it) as not necessarily right but acceptable then you can commit the crime when faced with the chance. I think that this is more prevalent in America than anywhere else which is why by percentage America has more theft, murder, and things of that sort than most countries.

Offline rorrim

to quote Freddy: "and an other one bites the dust!"

it's sickening that teenagers kill their own kin. they need to be thought more respect and in this case they should be forced to work in a home for the elderly.
?em ot gniklat uoy era

WHY DO I SEEM TO BE IN NUMEROUS PEOPLE'S SIGS. This conspiracy is freaking me out. Did something go on that I don't know about? Is someone parading about pretending to be me? THERE IS NO OTHER K0GE, I'M TERRIBLY SORRY BUT I'M COMPLETELY IRREPLACEABLE. (sp)etc.
:mrgreen:

Offline Fred's Bimbo Girl

this isn't a new thing. see the peter jackson movie heavenly creatures from the early 90s. it's about two new zealand school girls in the 1940s who clubbed one of their mothers to death with a brick in a stocking after planning it for months.
i'm just attracted to shiny things. and soft
fluffy things. god help me if someone ever invents a soft fluffy shiny thing.

i always knew i had to let go of dax's virginity some day *sigh*

Offline Thin

Any guesses as to why, fbg?
Is humanity, at its core selfishly evil?

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
Yes.
I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline Fred's Bimbo Girl

no. don't listen to old grumpy pants lk there!

these girls were just a little bit twisted in the head. they wanted to be together so much that they sought to remove the obstacle in their way - the mother. it's a pretty cool movie though, i suggest you check it out.
i'm just attracted to shiny things. and soft
fluffy things. god help me if someone ever invents a soft fluffy shiny thing.

i always knew i had to let go of dax's virginity some day *sigh*

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
Old?  Whaddaya mean, 'old'?
I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline Auryn

• Pretty Androgynous
Face facts, man.

*snaps your suspenders*

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
I'm pretty sure America is the most Christian nation on earth... perhaps too religious?

That would be Poland, I believe.
Too religious isn't exactly what I think the point should be there, just add another qualification: fundamentally religious...
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke
God to Earth: “Cry more, noobs!”
- Marc Laidlaw