fantasy-freak.com

What are you watching???

Deus · 627 · 49975

Offline Deus

Just finished season 3 of Buffy, starting season 4 in the morning.  Kim and I are buying them; the only two seasons we're missing at this point are 2 and 5 (my favourite and her favourite, respectively, which is strange).

Season 3 is my favorite. The Mayor is just an awesome badguy and it has episodes like the Zeppo which are just hilarious...

ANyway, last thing I watched was Lost episode 1x15
Hong's 1st law:  "It's only the other people who are munchkins"
Hong's 2nd law: "Thinking too hard about fantasy is bad"
Hong's 3rd law: "Any sufficiently widespread magic is indistinguishable from technology"

Offline Soma

i 3rd the goodness of buff season 3

Stargate is on at the moment, the replicators are goin to town on the universe and McGuiver just told Baal to go screw himself, entertaining stuff :)
Pimps don't commit suicide!

Offline Soma

McGuiver is so out of his depth in Stargate, he never knows what the hell is going on!! when he had a mullet he had a solution for everything, now he cut it off and he knows nothing!! :P

the episode ended with mention of Anubis :o (i don't know who that is but it seemed dramatic) and then a 'to be continued' ... i was disappointed but as i was typing this, the next episode started, so joy was restored to my being :mrgreen:

i hope this Anubis guy lives up to his reputation and there is shit being destroyed everywhere... oh and there was also mention of Daniel Jackson being enlightened, like becoming a higher being?? i have missed so much of Stargate i have no idea what is happening anymore (and when did Jackson get buff by the way?)

Offline Nuada

Hey, i'm watching MacGyver right now :)  Just watched 'The thief of Budapest' next up 'The Gauntlet'.  The guy rocks :)  Downloading 'the human Factor' now.  One of my favourites, lets hope it stands up to time.  I do remember some really dodgy Dalek clones in it though :)
Lord Captain Commander of the Holy Order of Penii Warriors and Hand that Weilds the Sacred Penii.

Sober men and sages
Are Lost through the ages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Proud "Member" of DA 4SKIN BOYZ!

Offline Mordeth

macguyver rules, friend of mine's got season1 divx'd :D

watched saw last night...I enjoyed it,  thought it was.. kinda boring, forced and.. well silly at parts but I did really like the nice, neat ending.
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline Deus

Watched the finale of SG-1 season 8. Moebius Part 2. It was alright, though the climax of the season really lay with the Reckoning episodes...
It had some funny parts though...
Hong's 3rd law: "Any sufficiently widespread magic is indistinguishable from technology"

Offline Deus

Scream 1

Not as bad as I expected, not as good as I hoped...

Offline Aimless

Saw Garden State and The Terminal, last night. Both absolutely brilliant. Left me in a great mood :)

Gonna finish off the second season of SG-1 either today or tomorrow.
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Offline Deus

Watched The Usual Suspects again yesterday. definitely a great movie proving once again that Kevin Spacey is one of the best actors of his generation...

Offline Nuada

I watched the first 2 parts of Children of Dune last night and I'm liking it.
Lord Captain Commander of the Holy Order of Penii Warriors and Hand that Weilds the Sacred Penii.

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Aimless

That was indeed a great adaptation :thumbsup:

I saw Sideways yesterday, and I loved it. If you haven't seen it, go see it now. :)
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Offline Deus

I watched the first 2 parts of Children of Dune last night and I'm liking it.

That is indeed a pretty good series.

Offline Nuada

The first was really good as well.  It was just a pity about the ending.  It was a pathetic battle.  We wnded up watching the end of the movie to compensate :)  I hope this is different...

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline FoiD

The Roxbury Brothers

and it's on TV!!!

god I love this movie.
Save the world... have ur kids spayed or neutered!

Wow, that was incrediblt rude, even by your standards.
Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill... Oh and send me money
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire, he's warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Nuada

Nathan Barley, it's fucking Genius!

Seriously, get this :D

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Kat

House, M.D.  It's about this doctor who's really good at figuring out the cause of mysterious illnesses, but is such a misanthrope his bedside manner is atrocious.  The show has pretty much the same formula every week: mysterious medical condition, House's staff come up with a mundane explanation, House tells them they're idiots, staff run off to do tests for which they are in no way qualified, House fucks up, House fucks up, then House gets it right in the last ten minutes.

Overall it's not that good of a show, but I always end up watching it because of the medical mystery aspect: a perfectly healthy 30 year old man suddenly falls ill, and I just HAVE to know why.  :?  Plus House is funny because he hates everyone.
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Erin

• http://tusker.org/gallery/Wedding
I really didn't like Sideways... it was very boring.

maybe i haven't gotten over that guy in Duets. *shudder* another movie that ought never have been made.
I lub j00

One day, when he was naughty. Mr Bunnsy looked over the hedge into Farmer Fred's field and it was full of fresh green lettuces. Mr Bunnsy, however, was not full of lettuces. This did not seem fair.

Offline FoiD

watched sideways this weekend.  brilliant movie.
Save the world... have ur kids spayed or neutered!

Wow, that was incrediblt rude, even by your standards.
Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill Kill... Oh and send me money
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire, he's warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Soma

2001: A Space Oddessy was on SBS tonight :) ...i kept thinking of Deus for some reason

I don't think i can allow that Dave

Offline Nuada

I've spent the last 2 days watching Yes Minister.  Fucking genius :D  You have to love Sir Humphrey explaining to the minister why exactly britain joined the EEC :D

Sir Humphrey: "Minister, Britain has had the same foreign policy objective for at least the last 500 years: to create a disunited Europe. In that cause we have fought with the Dutch against the Spanish, with the Germans against the French, with the French and Italians against the Germans, and with the French against the Germans and Italians. Divide and rule, you see. Why should we change now when it's worked so well?"
Jim Hacker: "That's all ancient history, surely."
Sir Humphrey: "Yes, and current policy. We had to break the whole thing [the EEC] up, so we had to get inside. We tried to break it up from the outside, but that wouldn't work. Now that we're inside we can make a complete pig's breakfast of the whole thing: set the Germans against the French, the French against the Italians, the Italians against the Dutch. The Foreign Office is terribly pleased, it's just like old times."

Real Audio

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Deus

2001: A Space Oddessy was on SBS tonight :) ...i kept thinking of Deus for some reason

I don't think i can allow that Dave

Because of my nickname or because I love the movie a whole fucking lot???

Anyway, watched the 2nd Doctor Who episode of the new series yesterday The End of the World. Thinking of watching Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust again tonight...

edit: I just had a brainfart or something... I guess my avatar may have something to do with it... :)

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
I think it's more the avatar, Deus.
I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline Soma

twas the ava indeed, here have a cookie :)

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
Coo..... kie?

O_o
I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline Deus

Okay I actually watched a part of the sweetest thing and boy that was a big waste of time...