fantasy-freak.com

What are you watching???

Deus · 627 · 49971

Offline Duffman

I watched City of God last night, pretty damn paro whilst watching it though.  Don't really remember a whole lot just that it was a very cool movie.  I suggest that you people watch it if you haven't already.  I think that I will one day get around to watching it again so that I can actually remember all of the story.  It is about hoodlums in Rio I think it was, and the story of their lives from like the 60's through to the late 70's/80's.  Based on a true story I believe it said. :)

Offline Aimless

Desperate Housewives :o

(I'm an addict now)
Sometimes I think, sometimes I am

Offline Nuada

I dunno....I'm in a muddle as to what to watch next.  THX-1138, Duck Soup or Yes Prime Minister....
Lord Captain Commander of the Holy Order of Penii Warriors and Hand that Weilds the Sacred Penii.

Sober men and sages
Are Lost through the ages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Proud "Member" of DA 4SKIN BOYZ!

Offline Nuada

Just watched The Machinist.  Bale is one fucked up man.  I'd heard about him losing 60lbs for this but when you see him with his shirt off...every last bone in his body looks ready to rip through his skin.  Brilliant at the ould acting as well.  Pity it's as predictable as all hell :(
Lord Captain Commander of the Holy Order of Penii Warriors and Hand that Weilds the Sacred Penii.

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Soma

Just watched the metallica DVD 'Some Kind of Monster' ... oh my James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich are lame, lame individuals! any respect i had for metallica is gone! what tools they are!

their song writing process brought back memories of year 9 poetry class... i would recommend watching as much of this DVD as you can stand just to see how hillariously lame these guys are!
Pimps don't commit suicide!

Offline rille

Frasier... I love the show so I'm rewatching it on the evenings...
"Death, be not proud, though some have called thee Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so." | Sonnet X | John Donne

Offline Deus

After watching everything of Stargate and Lost I have moved on to getting Space Above and Beyond and Babylon 5.

So I just watched the pilot of Space Above and Beyond. Pity the series only has one season...
Hong's 1st law:  "It's only the other people who are munchkins"
Hong's 2nd law: "Thinking too hard about fantasy is bad"
Hong's 3rd law: "Any sufficiently widespread magic is indistinguishable from technology"

Offline Nuada

Yeah Space above and beyond was pretty cool but I kinda drifted away towards the end of the series.  No major probems that I can think  of I just lost interest.  Gonna go watch Night Watch now...

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Deus

Only 50 megabytes away from the first episode of American Gothic... :D
And the rest will follow shortly after that I hope...
Hong's 3rd law: "Any sufficiently widespread magic is indistinguishable from technology"

Offline Aimless

Kung Fu Hustle  :eek:

See it. So very satisfying, visually, musically, script-wise... class all the way through. The cartoonish touches were brilliant =) And the palms, near the end... awe-inspiring.

And this is the first movie in very many years that's almost had me in tears (of happiness, mind you). The flashback, with the lolly... *sniffles* oh man :(

Offline Deus

Kung Fu Hustle rocks... :)

Not quite as good as Shaolin Soccer, but stil damn funny...

Offline Uche Obiora

The simpsons.
There's a lot to be said for wilful ignorance.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Offline Iridescence

just waiting for a new Lost episide, we're about to embark on the new Dr Who, and Full Metal Alchemist.
Hermaphrodite Jesus, he hides in the carport.  The neighbour car headlights shine on him, he's scared.
He stoops and he cowers, they call a policeman, they came and they siezed him, and laughed at his hair.
And Jesus hates policemen, for their hearts can know no love.
That's why every time he sees the man, he says "Hey let's beat it, it's the fuzz"

Offline Rel

So I just watched the pilot of Space Above and Beyond. Pity the series only has one season...

Reserve your judgement until you've seen a couple of episodes. I loved the pilot, but turned away from the series in disgust about five eps in: it just demanded too much of me in terms of suspension of disbelief.
"You've just had a heavy session of electro-shock therapy, and you're more relaxed than you've been in weeks. All those childhood traumas, magically wiped away - along with most of your personality."

Offline Aimless

Blast From the Past :)

So lovely! Even though my mood was fouled half way through, it went right back up again :o

Offline Deus

Mythbusters

Offline Rick

• Omg hi 2 U.
I ought to watch more Queen Millenia.
only to episode 30 or so, so far :-/
The simplest thing is to work with n-dimensional Minkowski spacetime.

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
BUffy the Vampire Slayer, season 5
I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline Uche Obiora

Chappelle's Show Season 2 Disc 1.

I'm Rick James Bitch! :D
There's a lot to be said for wilful ignorance.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Offline Nuada

Colours....

Sober men and sages
All our Brave Drinkers
Shall never die.

Offline Mordeth

watched Garden state again, excellent film

"fucking jerseys de niro and shit"
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline Aimless

Few days ago, I rediscovered "Daria", and I'm addicted now. I didn't recognise it at first, until I saw that lovely pic of Brittany-as-dragon in the credits :o Glod I love this show. Daria herself was a little annoying at first, but she grew on me. I think I may have a crush on this lovely femme. I mean, I suppose I could settle for Quinn and Brittany, but... erm...!

Anyways. Great show. Awesome soundtrack for a child of the '90s :) I wanna go back and live through the late '90s as a young adult :(

Offline Aimless

Saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith today (day before the official premier, yay :)) and I had a blast =) great fun, good action, nice chemistry, good looks... :)

Offline Croi Boi

Watched season 2 of 24.  Cool show.  :)
there is another world
there is a better world
well, there must be.

Offline Aimless

Saw "Madagascar" yesterday. Dreamworks has made better films, but it was still good for a few laughs. The military penguins were definitely the best thing about the film, followed closely by Ali G as the king of the lemurs, singing "I like to move it". =)