Author Topic: Terry Goodkind - Chainfire (has like.. spoilers and stuff)  (Read 533 times)

Offline Mordeth

Terry Goodkind - Chainfire (has like.. spoilers and stuff)
« on: March 16, 2005, 07:41:30 PM »
so..
anyone read this masterpiece yet?

I started it yesterday afternoon and after 50 pages (for some unknown reason) decided to keep reading. I kept reading the book for a few hours, and then this morning I picked it up and read it straight through.

I'm not sure why I did this. I think  that I knew I was going to read it anyway, so i just wanted to get it done as quickly and painlessly as I could.
Well it was quick, but it wasn't painless.

I liked the morals. Terry/Aesop is pulling noooo punches this time. He picked up his dictionary, turned it towards S, leafed through to the end and found no entry for subtlety . After about the fifth or sixth three page speech on how it is proper, nay.. neccesary for righteous men to slay the wicked you might hope that Goodkind would just let it rest.. assume that we as readers 'get it' and move on.

nope.

every one of his chapter is DOMINATED by one of richards pretty little speeches, what a wonder this boy is! Where does he get his ideas from?!  I didn't think it was possible, but Goodkind has managed to write a character more up his own ass than Jordan's Rand Al'Thor.

Nicci... maybe I've forgotten alot about the last book, but what the FUCK happened to this character? I used to like richard. He used to be a pretty cool dude. I didn't need nicci telling me every twenty pages how fucking wonderful SHE thinks he is. That's all she does in this book, whine and moan and sulk about fucking RICHARD.

Kahlan.. Loved her in this book.

This... memory thing.

bleh.

The ending..

that wasn't even an ending.. nothing got resolved. I sat through two days of that shite for absolutely nothing. I know I could have just stopped reading at any time, but.. I didn't. I'll just have to live with that until he releases the next book, when I can go through all this again.

Terry Goodkind, I hate you.
Lesbians shouldnt be allowed to use dildos. They have made their choice

My balls are exceptional, but not weird.

Offline Rel

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 08:59:33 PM »
Why do you even bother? It really is beyond me why this man still has readers.
"You've just had a heavy session of electro-shock therapy, and you're more relaxed than you've been in weeks. All those childhood traumas, magically wiped away - along with most of your personality."

Offline Boo!

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 05:24:42 AM »
I'm with you, Mord.  It seems like Goodkind is about to wrap things up by ripping off his own plotline (and i'm ripping off my own comment in the 'what are you reading' thread).

But yeah, TG seems to be fairly heavy handed with his moralistic agenda.  What ever happened to trilogy's?

-- :mrgreen:
A friend is someone who pretends they like you, when they really think you should be raped by mad chimpanzees and then thrown to a pack of vicious dogs.

Offline Uche Obiora

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 04:52:14 PM »
*laughs* Yup those speeches were really long-winded. I mean, come the F on! *shakes head*
There's a lot to be said for wilful ignorance.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Offline GrimReaper of Wrestling

• http://www.myspace.com/marcel1973
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 07:41:22 PM »
Ashe, you shake your head so often you should ebcome a head wobbler (Or is it called differently?)
Oh God I am the american dream
I do not think Im too extreme
An I'm a handsome sonofabitch
I'm gonna get a good job 'n be real rich

Offline Dax

• http://www.myspace.com/daxlet
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 08:15:50 AM »
i've been reading this book for about 3 monthes now...  3 monthes.  It's an easy read because you can put it down for two weeks, and pick it up and get right back to Richard lecturing the rocks and stuff because they can't get away...

Dax, whose eyes are getting tired...
One time, I saw a shark bite a whale.