Author Topic: Baby Thread  (Read 29450 times)

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
Re: Baby Thread
« Reply #650 on: October 24, 2008, 02:07:27 pm »
Kangaroos, guys.  She's in Australia.

[edit]And congrats, hon![/edit]
I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline The new Olli (with hair)

« Reply #651 on: October 24, 2008, 02:15:54 pm »
He looks just like the other ones. Variety!!!!
Hunchback: Repent

I repent every day Hunchie. And every day god makes me newer, faster, smarter, sexier, and ready to sin again.

Offline Piter

« Reply #652 on: October 24, 2008, 04:17:47 pm »
but who is there to wrestle with if you don't have a brother?

What are you, training them for adulthood when they have to bring down gazelles or something?
I think she's gunning for an Aussie rules player! ;)

Offline frgsonmysox

• http://fregs.livejournal.com/
« Reply #653 on: October 24, 2008, 05:16:02 pm »
Anastasia and Anthony wrestle with each other.  Anastasia wins most of the time.
* DirtyIggy singsbethie bethie bethie i laugh at what you say, you make me wanna be jewish...wow! i got a big dradle today...*

Offline Kat

« Reply #654 on: October 25, 2008, 01:03:02 pm »
I miss my brother.  We hardly got along as kids but as "grown ups" we have a lot in common.
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #655 on: October 25, 2008, 11:25:18 pm »
Very precious, very beautiful

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #656 on: November 01, 2008, 02:07:04 pm »
http://thecompletists.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=9

I am just now realizing when I upload them to the gallery, I can save them as PNG's and they won't get garbled the way the JPG's do. I have a massive job underway to redo all of them *gag*

Anyhow... here are the ones I caught as .png...

Kiki (the movie Kiki's Delivery Service)

Fairy Princess riding a Unicorn

Offline Kat

« Reply #657 on: November 02, 2008, 05:21:12 pm »
Both your girls are growing up very prettily Amanda.  I wouldn't want to be in your shoes when they enter high school though... you'll be fighting off boys by the dozen.  :)
"If those 40 million babies had lived, there wouldn’t be so many jobs for illegals to steal from Americans!"   -www.fstdt.com

Offline Cthulhu

• Hipper Than Jesus
  • Come to the dark side. We have cookies!
    • http://www.almightytallest.com
« Reply #658 on: November 02, 2008, 08:05:45 pm »

I remember that it rained for years / And the blood, it left a stain

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #659 on: November 03, 2008, 07:48:13 am »
She is a very pretty little girl, every time you post a photo, she gets cuter and cuter

Offline Fred's Bimbo Girl

« Reply #660 on: November 04, 2008, 11:49:47 am »
just like yours mandie! i wish halloween was more of a thing here - we only had one lot of trick or treaters this year. although i had a good laugh at their dad who had a string of garlic round his neck as his two kids were dressed as vampires!

back to brothers and wrestling for a moment - i am mystified by the whole thing. it must be part of the y chromosome because, totally unprompted and uncoached, mitchell and fletcher will happily spend half an hour wrestling with each other on the loungeroom floor, having a great old time. i don't understand it at all, but they seem to enjoy it!
i'm just attracted to shiny things. and soft
fluffy things. god help me if someone ever invents a soft fluffy shiny thing.

i always knew i had to let go of dax's virginity some day *sigh*

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #661 on: November 04, 2008, 01:03:02 pm »
Because wrestling is fun.

Especially when you're winning.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke
God to Earth: “Cry more, noobs!”
- Marc Laidlaw

Offline frgsonmysox

« Reply #662 on: November 07, 2008, 05:20:45 am »
telltale signs of what? 
* DirtyIggy singsbethie bethie bethie i laugh at what you say, you make me wanna be jewish...wow! i got a big dradle today...*

Offline Star

« Reply #663 on: November 07, 2008, 05:48:33 am »
I'd assume telltale signs of going into labor...

I hear that if your water breaks it means you're about to give birth ;)

Good luck Erin!
I hope last night doesn't wake up this morning and tell tomorrow what I've done

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #664 on: November 07, 2008, 06:25:37 am »
FBG  :luv:

Erin Ok so like, when I was going into labor, my water never broke either baby, they broke it at the hospital. My GF's all broke and then they went into labor, From what I saw in them, it wasn't painful, just a gush like you peed your pants.

For me, it was crampy cramps that were irregular, then 8-10 minutes apart, getting closer and closer, stronger and stronger. Hot baths do help, as do lower back massages. Very exciting!!! And each labor is different, some hurt more than others, don't be afraid to get an epidural if it hurts more than you can handle. Are you wanting to go natural? What are your plans for labor? how much are you doing at home? Are you with a doctor or midwife?

Offline frgsonmysox

« Reply #665 on: November 07, 2008, 11:51:16 pm »
for me my labors were so quick that by the time I was in labor I was nearly out.  My contractions never progressively got closer together like they tell you.  I would have contractions 20 minutes apart for about an hour, and then immediately they would be on top of each other.  My water never broke prior to labor.  And from what I understand PROM (pre-mature rupture of membranes) is very uncommon.  My water always broke mere minutes before delivery.  The babe would actually break my water as they began to crown.  Some people are in labor for hours, or even days.  Some have very short labors like me.  My labors are 2-4 hours long from start to finish.  Some women push for hours, some for minutes. 

Every labor is different.  You'll know when you're in labor though, there won't be any "is this it?!"

Offline Kat

« Reply #666 on: November 08, 2008, 07:19:50 am »
Sounds like you're both blessed.  Few things are more miserable than a protracted labor, or so I'm told.

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #667 on: November 08, 2008, 09:10:28 am »
Re: Kat's comment on prolonged labor... Well... for Emma I was in labor for over 24 hours, no drugs. That was "fun"... erm I mean fucking misery.

Hannah was almost 17 hours of hard labor, (not including mild contractions that were workable.) She was induced and she was posterior, or face-up style backwards, labor was induced at 1:30 pm with gel, and within minutes cramping started. At 4:30pm I had to really work through contractions, and at 1:00am when I finally went into the hospital I was 5cm only... bah...  they broke my water but it didn't do too much. I didn't have her until 9:30am the next day. Because she was wrong side up, she was getting stuck in my pelvis and they had to give me pitocin and try to turn her, she turned, it hurt.. BAD. Really bad. Once she turned, all was OK, but by this point I demanded an epidural. Epidurals are SUPER (even though for me they gave me a single dose because I was 8cm at the time and they didnt' want it to interfere with pushing, I had to beg again later for another half dose, and I had lots of break through pain and had to work through contractions, come pushing time it was all worn off :( ) Her being backwards and all made everything a lot longer than it should have been. So... ya... long labor is miserable.

My girl friends generally had labors last anywhere for a half hour to about 6 hours. My sister in law recently was less than a few hours total - very start to very finish. It's no fair  :'(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 09:15:46 am by Mandie »

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #668 on: November 08, 2008, 06:12:59 pm »
Sounds like you have an AMAZING doctor! Being in good medical care can really make the difference in labor, including comfort. As far as the epidural, you will not see the needle, they do it behind you. It feels odd, but not like a shot, so if you have one... it feels more like a spine buzz than a needle.

And your labor will be soon judging by all the pains and false contractions you are having.... your body is preparing itself :) I'm excited for you! What names did you pick out?

Offline Mandie

• Family Photos
« Reply #669 on: November 11, 2008, 01:57:34 pm »
I love her name. Very precious.

Offline The new Olli (with hair)

« Reply #670 on: November 11, 2008, 11:23:18 pm »
Stop getting along... be horrible bitches and shit.

:samurai:
Hunchback: Repent

I repent every day Hunchie. And every day god makes me newer, faster, smarter, sexier, and ready to sin again.

Offline Julius

• What.
    • lulzer
« Reply #671 on: November 11, 2008, 11:52:52 pm »
fanks. it's matt and my grandmother's middle names.
OMG. You have the SAME GRANDMOTHER?!?!?!@#@!!!!
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Arthur C. Clarke
God to Earth: “Cry more, noobs!”
- Marc Laidlaw